Stiletto vs JSX

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunyok23

Reaction score
can anybody who tried both comment? i have the JSX but im wondering how the stiletto perform especially vs the crunch channel of the JSX?

I've never tried the Tremoverb... how does it compare to the Rectoverb? LMAO

bunyok23 said:
can anybody who tried both comment? i have the JSX but im wondering how the stiletto perform especially vs the crunch channel of the JSX?

they have some similarities..... both have a really good crunch.... i thing the stiletto has some better mids and is a little more articulate.... i find the JSX to be a little muddy at times and when you try and dial the mud out it becomes a little thin and very trebley...... one thing i think the JSX can't do is the fluid drive mode on the stiletto...... to me there is just more tonal versatility on the stiletto.... the stiletto has great tone for rhtymns as well as leads.... i find the JSX great for leads and solos but i could never find that great pocket for rhythms as i'm mostly a rhythm player..... then again i didnt really get that much time on it to drive a little deeper....... but maybe thats why i liked the stiletto so much more.... i found it very easy to dial in what i wanted and very quickly..... if i were you try and get to a stiletto and give it a whirl..... also i played a duece through a 4x12 stiletto cab

I owned both and the JSX is the only amp, besides the Mark IV, that I wish I still had. The Stiletto Trident I had was a harsh and muddy amp. I ran both through a Mesa 2x12 recto cab. I loved everything about the JSX. I found the crunch channel to be thick and chewy. Maybe not quite as articulate as the Stiletto but the bass was tight and round. Not tubby. I love that amp.

how does my 20 watt Gorilla amp compare to the tremoverb, rectoverb, JSX or Mark IV ?

Should I upgrade or does anyone have an empty headshll I can put my Gorilla in ?

Hmm.. What is a JSX? It sounds quite special. How does it compare to a LSS?

Except Andy Timmons.... IMO Andy and his Stiletto/Lonestar amps eat JS alive on the Youtube video.

HAHA, satch vs timmons
to me they both have a similar touch and tone, and I would say they are both about the same level of playing. I do like both their tones, but don't think one is better than the other. The jsx is a cool amp in my book, I finally got some time to play on a buddies, and it's cheaper than a stiletto or lonestar, but in the studio timmons plays his old marshalls, not mesa.

Latest posts

Back