Stiletto series 2

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobbypols

Reaction score
I purchased my stiletto in septemberish..And now..about 4 months later there is a series 2 with all new improved this and improved that. My question is, do u think mesa will give me a straight exchange...is there customer service that good, say if i cover shipping...or whatnot?

Bobby...I wouldn't anticipate them doing that. One thing that always bugged me about the amp market is the hush-hush nature of changes to equipment. In the automotive industry, they begin discounting the 2005's when the 2006's are about to come out.

Bobbypols said:
I purchased my stiletto in septemberish..And now..about 4 months later there is a series 2 with all new improved this and improved that. My question is, do u think mesa will give me a straight exchange...is there customer service that good, say if i cover shipping...or whatnot?

I seriously doubt they'd exchange it, I'm pretty much 100% sure they wouldn't :cry: , otherwise they'd have 500 amps coming back that no one would want anymore because of the new model. It's a chance we take when we purchase an amp, heck I just got a used Road King that only seen about 6 shows of use and I've only had it about a month and a half and I hear about the new Series II RK now..... I even asked about an upgrade and it's not possible :cry: , so it looks like we need to be happy with what we have or sell it and invest more $$$ on the "new and improved" model.

But.......Mark my words, in a few years people are going to be saying that the series I Stiletto's and Road Kings sound better, just wait - I guaranty it :wink: . That doesn't mean I don't want a series II, but it's gonna happen.

Tele, after I upgraded my ROV from 1 to 2, I spent the next week shaking my head at what I had done. :( I've finally gotten to the point where I feel as comfortable with my newer ROV but I'm still convinced that the original had more clean head room and slightly more character. Or it could just be me missing an old love 8)

tele_jas said:
But.......Mark my words, in a few years people are going to be saying that the series I Stiletto's and Road Kings sound better, just wait - I guaranty it :wink: . That doesn't mean I don't want a series II, but it's gonna happen.

LOL, lets just prey then that its another Fender blackface to silverface spiral in the making! :) But to be honest, when an amp manufactorer changes an amp model 3 times in the first 3 years, it leaves you with a bad taste in your mouth. As if it was a rushed product perse and never want to buy a new product from boogie until it gone through it years.

my 2 cents.

check mesa's site, they have listed the improvement on the products page of the stiletto. The question is ofcourse, what the result is in practice

This is probably close to another post here about some Mesa Hollywood store mod. I've been kicking this amp around and now I may actually buy, although that new Fender combo looks tempting as well. Great looking at least!

This makes me not wanna buy mesa products unitl mesa production runs are over the amp has is now discountinued. It one thing to offer "different" or parrallell models of equal quality...its another to say "every channeled improved"...im gonna call on monday and find out what the hell is going on... :twisted:

Well, I went to the Mesa site, and it just appears they're doing that "mod" from the other "stickied" Stiletto thread and maybe a few other things.

It does kinda' jerk you chan a bit...

Back