Stiletto "Output" and "Solo" Pots - Help

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iansblues

Reaction score
I must be having brain freeze about operating my new (original model) Stiletto Deuce. :oops: After reading the manual, I am expecting the "Output" and "Solo" pots to control the overall output volume of the amp and the "Master" pots to control the output of each channel, as fed to the circuit controlled/limited by the "Output" and "Solo" pots. From a practical, "how-to" perspective, what am I missing?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Those two functions are only enabled when the FX loop is activated, otherwise they will be useless. (IE, not completely bypassed on the back of the amp). That said, you don't have to have the FX loop 'on' on the footswitch to use these features, as long as you haven't completely bypassed it on the back. The solo boost will give you a volume boost variable on how much you turn up the solo knob. The output knob will control the overall amp output while letting you assign different volumes to channels to obtain a different mix of preamp-postamp distortion.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Your explanation is a complete solution for us. We are not very experienced, yet, and did not recognized the significance of the Stiletto manual's phrase "The Output control is also wired as the effects loop return level control." (page 10).

Now, back to the fun stuff :D ...

Wow! We (my son and I) are now getting huge tone from this Stiletto!!! I am guessing that we are now essentially using the Output knob as a power section gate. We are now re-exploring the rest of the circuitry - which is terrific and extremely flexible. The tone is amazing! We are running JJ ECC83S (high-gain hand-picked) preamp tubes, JJ KT77 power tubes, and JJ GZ34 rectifier tubes. The cabinet is a closed-back Mesa Rectifier 2x12 /w V30 speakers.

We will post more info, once we get to explore the possibilities!

Thanks Platypus!

Latest posts

Back