stiletto or lonestar?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A sad attempt by Marshall to get some of the 6L6 crowd. The 900's are poo.

Don't get me wrong... I love the LSC for what it is. But, as far as getting the sound Mesa was going after when they designed the Stiletto's.... the LSC doesn't cut it any more than the Stiletto can get the LSC Fender feel.

The LSC is impotent or flaccid shall we say... when it comes to the EL34 sound.. Not unlike the JCM900's were ;)

I don't know about most of you but the word flaccid scares me... so I chose the Stiletto. A more of an erect sound to me. A real man's amp! LMAO

Doing lunch and eating Quiche = LSC
Hunting for moose = Stiletto

So I suppose it really comes down to whether you want to get in touch with your soft...feminine side... if so get a LSC

OKAY,,,, but seriously They are both incredible amps.

To the dude who originally asked... avoid this thread from now on and just go pick the one you like the best :) Nothing but nonsense is occuring on this thread now!

what makes for flacid conversation is some one who speaks with no experience, so my very important question to you is...........have you ever played a LSC with EL34's in it?
probably not, and the original poster should disregard your comments. But,if so, well then by all means speak of how you love manly amps and rigid harsh tone, hmmm, ever heard of "woman tone"?. some people even seek it on thier quest for the ultimate grail tone.
all in good fun my friend, all in good fun.

Relax Fella .... I'm teasing you

I've long stated that I really like the Lonestar Classic. Yes I owned a LSC and yes I played it live with EL34's in it. I took it back before the 30 days were up and got the MKIV because it was too loose/mushy for my taste. A very nice amp though... :) I had just sold my 1965 Deluxe reverb... And didn't want another Fender sounding amp. But having said that... it is a beautiful sounding amp... Just not for me and the EL34 tones that I prefer. Some day though I would like to get a LSC head to go with the Stilleto. As a back up of course. ;)

Then I appologize for the assumption, your post should be regarded as very helpful and informative since you speak from experience. most of all, ppl should by with their ears. thats whats going to be pleasing or dissappointing about any thing you buy is what you hear. not what you read.

which voltage regulator do you use?
peace,
j

I use a Furman Ar15 II. Compact and does the job well...

Absolutely.... It's in what you personally are looking for in tone. Some players playing style can sound fantastic though one model of amp but, sound not so good through another model amp. It's what you hear in your head. I personally like many different models and brands depending on what I'm playing at the moment. If I had the cash I'd get about 30 different amps I'm sure :) For what I'm playing right now this amp is perfect... and for what you're playing the LSC is doing it the way you want it to. 5 years from now that could all change and I'll be telling you your Stiletto isn't versatile or visa versa LOL. All that matters is that you're enjoying your amp... and who knows... Maybe if I heard your sound I'd go.. crap...How come it didn't sound like that for me?

As I read this thread I’m getting this funny image in my head.
I’m picturing Randall Smith also reading and grinning from ear to ear as he follows people going back and forth on which one of his creations is the best.
Enjoy your Boogies folks!
And if you are shopping for one, by all means take your time, play them and listen. Remember. It took a long time to stash and save up that lunch money your folks have been giving you.
:D

Latest posts

Back