Stiletto Footswitch Problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jab

Reaction score
playing a gig this weekend and my solo switch was not working (but it was switching channels fine). What is the likely problem? I have an eq in the loop but was not switched to "hard bypass". Everything had been working fine and I take good care of my cable / footswitch but who knows. Cable? Footswitch? Operator error?

jab said:
playing a gig this weekend and my solo switch was not working (but it was switching channels fine). What is the likely problem? I have an eq in the loop but was not switched to "hard bypass". Everything had been working fine and I take good care of my cable / footswitch but who knows. Cable? Footswitch? Operator error?

Look at the cable. The stock one's crap.

Lockbody is right. Most likely it's the cable. Get rid of the stock one.
Until I replaced mine I too lost the ability to use the solo switch. I soldered it back up and a few gigs later I could not switch channels. I then took it back to my Mesa dealer and they gave me a replacement (Mesa stock). I took it home and it did not even work. #@%$#@!!!!!!
I ordered a different cable from some place on line and many gigs and practices later it is still going strong. Just like the amp itself.

Yes Dr.
That looks like the one.
A 1/4" TRS "Tip-Ring-Sleeve" stereo cable.
Some of them can be a bit expensive but for just switching things from your footswitch I would not think you need to get a high end one.

My solo 50 did the same thing and it wasnt the footswitch or the cable. Mesa has my head right now.

cheers Riff Blister

My 1st Ace combo had a switching problem which wasn't the footswitch or cable, they ended up giving me a new amp altogether. The new one hasn't missed a beat.

I FIGURED THIS PROBLEM OUT: One of the wires simply fell off the connector on one of the plugs. So unscrew the coupler and take a look inside there first before thinking it's an amp, cable, or footswitch. Stereo cord so that must explain why the channel switcher worked but the solo did not.

Same problem with mine... had to re-solder the connection at the straight plug end. I also called Mesa and told them it died on me and they sent me a replacement.... I now have a spare.

Latest posts

Back