stiletto deuce vs trident

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3wattamp

Reaction score
Hello, I picked up a trident yesterday but they didnt have a deuce there. I haven't really been able to find much info compairing the 2. Any thoughts or experiences? which do you own and why.I did see a note where one guy didnt care for the deuce but thought the trident was more beefy. I know this, I'll be getting a part time job to retube that thing, 14 tubes in all, and just out of curiosity, any other amps loaded with that many tubes?
Cheers!
KJR

A triple rectifier will have the same amount of tubes....

A Duece would have less tubes, and is a 100/50 watt model....otherwise, they are basically the same amp.

lol have found trying to get power tube saturation out of 150 watts! The 150 watt setting is more thump to it. Clean dirtys less. It the typical wattage increase characteristic...has little to do with volume and more to do repsonse/feel/headroom. It will be less fuzzy on the 150 watt selection. Id say run 150 if you can afford to retube.

3wattamp said:
Hello, I picked up a trident yesterday but they didnt have a deuce there. I haven't really been able to find much info compairing the 2. Any thoughts or experiences? which do you own and why.I did see a note where one guy didnt care for the deuce but thought the trident was more beefy. I know this, I'll be getting a part time job to retube that thing, 14 tubes in all, and just out of curiosity, any other amps loaded with that many tubes?
Cheers!
KJR

Where are you located in the Midwest? I have a new Deuce and I kinda wish I would've got the Trident.

Chris

SgtThump said:
Where are you located in the Midwest? I have a new Deuce and I kinda wish I would've got the Trident.

Chris

Don't sweat it. I just picked up a Duece, and I find myself using it on the 50W more than I do the 100W. There's plenty of beef in there... 8)

Silverwulf said:
Don't sweat it. I just picked up a Duece, and I find myself using it on the 50W more than I do the 100W. There's plenty of beef in there... 8)

I would use the Trident on the 50 watt setting too. I was thinking about it being worth more should I want to sell or trade it in the future. lol... It's no big thang to me, though. I'm happy.

SgtThump said:
I would use the Trident on the 50 watt setting too. I was thinking about it being worth more should I want to sell or trade it in the future. lol... It's no big thang to me, though. I'm happy.

Ahh...I wouldn't worry about it. Think about the Dual and Triple Recto's. The older Dual Recto's go for as much or more than the old Triple's most of the time... 8)

Today was the first time I ever tried a Stiletto. I bought the Trident because I preferred it's sound in 150w mode to the Deuce in 100w mode.

Silverwulf said:
Ahh...I wouldn't worry about it. Think about the Dual and Triple Recto's. The older Dual Recto's go for as much or more than the old Triple's most of the time... 8)

True. It ain't no thang to me, but if the original poster was real close to my location and he really wanted a Deuce, we could talk. But I'm not actively looking to trade this Deuce for anything. I totally dig it. More than I thought I would, actually.

SgtThump said:
3wattamp said:
Cheers!
KJR

Chris

Got it in Cleveland, It was the last Trident there. (this was last wed)

Back