Stiletto Deuce vs. JCM 800

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And to answer your question, yes it can definately pull of anything from Slash to RATM. The only reason I'm selling it is because now I need something for heavier music like a Dual Rec.

The crunch channel can definitely pull of those tones w/ a distortion in front of it. Furthermore, you can have two channels of crunch eq'd for diiferent things with the stiletto.

I went to a local store yesterday to try out the Mark4, which isnt for me.
I wound up messing around with a Stiletto Ace head hooked up to a rectifier 4x12. I believe I found my next amp if I decide to get another boogie.
I wonder what the biggest difference is, if any, between the Ace, Duece, and Trident, other than more power, more tubes and maybe an extra channel? Is there any real big tone difference???
I like a 50 watt amp because I really dont need the extra volume and tube swaps are much cheaper for me.
Any suggestions?

Tone wise, the only difference is the head room available. The Ace will break up sooner than the duece, and the duece will break up sooner than the trident. I ordered an Ace, because 50 watts is more than enough for me. They are all two channel.

Yeah but the duece has a 50 watt switch for each channel so you can bring it down to the ace level. Honesty if you have the money go for the duece.

ursinus said:
Tone wise, the only difference is the head room available. The Ace will break up sooner than the duece, and the duece will break up sooner than the trident. I ordered an Ace, because 50 watts is more than enough for me. They are all two channel.

Latest posts

Back