help with mark v 90 tone

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For channel 3:
- set gain to 2-3 o’clock, presence to 10 o’clock, treble to 2 o’clock, mids to 10 o’clock and bass to 9.30 o’clock, then forget about them.
- now equalize your amp with the graphic eq sliders. This is the real tone stack for you. Treble, mids and bass are preamp gain shaping tools that could really be transformed in a fixed circuit. Unfortunately the graphic eq sliders are very touchy, but you can strum a chord and make big excursions to ballpark each. Also, this will teach you what frequencies each of them is affecting at a practical, hearable level.
You should end up with 80 very high (lows are cut A LOT before this), 220 lower than that, 750 very low, 2200 and 6600 slightly above the center line.
Now work again on each one, starting from the 750, with hair-splitting movements to fine-tune your sound. Really, use your nails! 80 is your low end, 220 is your low mids but also “honk” control, 750 is your mids, 2200 is your high mids and bite control (but also harsh sizzle if too high), 6600 is your presence control.

Giulio
This is amazing!! Thanks could you give us a tutorial on the other channels like this?

This is amazing!! Thanks could you give us a tutorial on the other channels like this?
I hope this worked for you! I’m still experimenting with the other channels, but I can suggest for the Edge mode of channel 2:
- gain at max or nearly at max (there’s no bright cap on this control, so this helps to keep the right “Marshall” bite)
- presence at around 10 o’clock
- treble almost at min (8 o’clock)
- mid at around 10 o’clock
- bass at min or around that

Giulio

Yeah,,they got so noisy at that level..I know I liked the LOWER compression levels on those amps...still higher than what you get on these amps without a pedal!!

Latest posts

Back