Stiletto deuce help please.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerseydrew

Reaction score
I have an opportunity to get a Stilleto Deuce in a trade. I'm really considering it. When I received my copy of Guitar One magazine, I noticed that there was an ad for a Stiletto Deuce 2. How would I know if the one that's offered in a trade, if it's a 1 or a 2? And a bigger question is, what's the difference between them.

Please help. Today's Thursday night and the deal may go down this weekend.

thanks in advance :D

Unless your buddy picked it up in the last month, its a series I. How do you tell? If it doesn't say Series 2 anywhere on it, its a series 1. Also, you can get the serial number and call mesa boogie and check.

I guess the Series 2 is more desirable. What's the difference?

Also, what do these things cost new and what do they usually sell for second hand? The reason that I ask is because if I make the trade and don't like the amp, I'll sell it. I don't want to take too much of a beating.

the stiletto's seem to be selling at what they sold for at the GC sale...850-1000, depending on condition/new in box

Personally, I, as well as a few others prefer the original over the new series... all depends in what you are looking for. I have a first series Deuce... and must say, it is the best amp I have ever had in my life! The crunch goes from vintage plexi, to jcm800ish gain, to modded 800 tones (not quite as much gain as a recto, but does approach some lower gain Soldano tones). Then the clean channel, the fat clean is like the ideal blackface fender, the tight clean to ME reminds me of a cross between a fender and a vox... and the crunch is pretty much the same as the crunch channels.... the selectable rectifier and power settings per channel are VERY cool... and the amp is VERY pedal friendly..
anyways, I digress, the amps can be had in the 800-1100 range depending, and the series 2 are worth a bit more now, since they are new to stores... but the point is, try it. spend some quality time with it, and let your own ears be the judge. If you are lookign for incredible cleans, and low-mid and some moderately high gain settings, this amp had a lot of rich, harmonic content, and very musical sounding... if you need more gain, then you can use a pedal, or wait for a series 2...

jerseydrew said:
I have an opportunity to get a Stilleto Deuce in a trade. I'm really considering it. When I received my copy of Guitar One magazine, I noticed that there was an ad for a Stiletto Deuce 2. How would I know if the one that's offered in a trade, if it's a 1 or a 2? And a bigger question is, what's the difference between them.

Please help. Today's Thursday night and the deal may go down this weekend.

thanks in advance :D

Hi,
Series II is marked just as a "II" on the top right corner above the controls. The script looks almost Japanese. That's all that is different on the outside.

Get a Series II. Series I is dynamite for crunch (channel 1) and ok for clean (I found clean to be toooo bassy or thin). Channel 2 was pretty frustrating & useless at least for me.

I love my series II. Everything has been fixed!! ALL modes are great and usable. So you have 6 great modes as opposed to 1 and a half - Well worth the full price wouldn't you think?

The big B

Latest posts

Back