Stiletto Ace solo boos t not working!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riffraff

Reaction score
I just bought a 2x12 Ace combo that was shipped to me with the footswitch but not a cord with the footswitch. I used a guitar cable & it would switch channels but no solo boost. I called the shop where I bought it & they sent me out a stereo cord saying it would work now but still no solo boost. The solo boost light doesn't even come on when I push it. Like I said, I can change channels but the solo boost light on the pedal won't light up & there is no audible boost no matter how high I turn the solo knob up. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check the Hard bypass switch for the loop. If it is in the bypass mode, the Master and Solo will be disabled. I checked the circuit out and using a regular guitar cable would not damage the swithing capability

Thanks! Yeah this switch is on loop in. Still no solo boost light on the footswitch & no audible boost when I turn up the solo knob. Could the footswitch be bad? Like I said it will switch channels but the solo light won't even turn on when I push the solo button on the footswitch. Argh!

of course its not working, you need a stereo cable to switch it.

the one from mesa is not shielded, but shielded ones should also do

Strange.... this same thing happened me today.

I took apart the switch... nothing was wrong. I checked the cable. Nothing was wrong. Then I noticed that I didn't push the cable in all the way in the amp. It looked like it was all the way in, but it wasn't. I had to really "click" it in there.

I'm not saying this is the same prob you have... but I was about to lose my mind before I discovered this.

Yeah the cable is pushed in all the way & this is the stereo cable from mesa now but still no worky. I have it plugged in to the footswitch input in the front of the amp. Still no worky. Bad footswitch?

hm, you could try - to be sure what it is - the jack on the backside.

if this still not works unscrew the end of the cable and shortcut with a screwdriver between the two phases (blue or red at ones) and the ground. one should activate your solo path (just put it loud enough to hear).

if thats not working you need help to find out whats wrong inside the amp.

hope its just the cable!

good luck

Latest posts

Back