Stiletto Ace 2x12 combo cooling question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Purple_Castle

Reaction score
Hi I own 2x12 stiletto ace combo, and want to ask can I disconect the cooling fan, cause the tube that is closest to it dies more often than the rest. And I think the cooling may be the case, beacuse of the difference in work enviroment... What do you think about this?

Sincerly

Jasiek

i dont think a tube would fail because it is cooler. I think it might fail more because that socket is biase a little hotter. Also disconecting the fan probably isn't a good idea. :D

They put the fan in there for a reason: tight space without airflow. I think unplugging it would cause harm to your tubes.

I assume you're talking about one of the power tubes ? It's more than likely badly matched power tubes or a very unbalanced phase splitter or coincidence !! How many times has this happened ??!! Don't disconnect the fan or you'll have more to worry about than just one tube.......... :shock:

Hi guys

Thank you for answer it happend two times with the same tube. I will search for other reason of power tube failure. I know that mesa guys put the fan for a reason, and I will not disconect it.

Sincerly

Jasiek

I disconnected the fan from my 2x12 Ace. I haven't had a problem since then.

I do put a normal oscillating fan on the back of the stage (I only get to play very small clubs these days) if it's hot in the room, but still no tube failures.

I intend to eventually just put a switch for the fan, since it's only a problem when doing quieter recording and noodling around.

I can't promise it won't hurt anything, but I've had no problems.

Just FYI.

Latest posts

Back