Stiletto 212 vs. Recto 212 CAB

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shogun said:
Barry said:
They (2X12) didnt come with casters in the past but they do now . I traded an email with Tim Mckee with mesa artist relations and he said that they do presently but not in the past . I have one from 2008 and it doesnt have them .

Bing!

Are you endorsing Mesa? I've tried to talk to artist relations, with no success so far.. Wish I lived in the U.S.

I'm interested in what your 112 front ported cab will sound like.. Look forward to a review of some sort!
No, but Ive been an exclusive Boogie user for 30 years and know them very well . They treat me very well . Ill let you know about the cab but it will probably a while since it was just ordered . The MKV is due to be here next week . Where do you live ?

Barry said:
shogun said:
Barry said:
They (2X12) didnt come with casters in the past but they do now . I traded an email with Tim Mckee with mesa artist relations and he said that they do presently but not in the past . I have one from 2008 and it doesnt have them .

Bing!

Are you endorsing Mesa? I've tried to talk to artist relations, with no success so far.. Wish I lived in the U.S.

I'm interested in what your 112 front ported cab will sound like.. Look forward to a review of some sort!
No, but Ive been an exclusive Boogie user for 30 years and know them very well . They treat me very well . Ill let you know about the cab but it will probably a while since it was just ordered . The MKV is due to be here next week . Where do you live ?

I'm in Canadia.. I'm not sure if my band had enough U.S. dates to interest them.. Though we must have had at least 15-20 for the U.S.

I'm going to order a cab from the factory this week, not sure whether to start with the Stiletto, or the 112.. Will probably end up with both, lol

What amp are you using ? The recto 2x12 horizontal and stiletto 4x12 are both incredible cabs . Im getting the 1x12 for home and pickup/sit in gigs . I only play in a cover band but the fact that Ive been with mesa so long I know them well and get the family treatment ! Everyone in the band uses mesa so they put us on their testimonial page several times . I was at NAMM in 2007 and they asked me to stop by to meet Randall Smith . He thanked me many times over and even shared with me a drawing/prototype of the impending MKV . The artist relations people asked me not to mention it to anyone and was surprised he shared it with me . It took a few years but a year ago we were blessed with the amazing MKV . I held out a year to see if there would be any updates . You can check out our webpage to see the testimonials . http://www.toyzzband.com . Im including a pic of Randall, Steve Mueller & myself .
DSC00639.jpg

Nice! Right now I'm using a Mark V Head-- amazing.. fits my style like a glove. So far I've had a Lonestar Special, Stiletto Trident, and had a couple other Mesa's that I either returned, or just rented.. I'm probably going to keep the Recto cab, and get both the Stiletto and 112.. The 112 will probably be more for pop gigs, jams, and rehearsals.. I really hope I can go to NAMM some day-- I'm supposed to go to Nashville this spring for the GMA's, and hopefully I can go to the Canadian version of NAMM in the summer!

Christian Rock / P&W

Multiple Nominee as well as Winner @ the Canadian GMA's

Just released a CD, so we are beginning to book for 2010, not a whole lot of shows scheduled yet.. Probably do some touring in Ontario this Winter/Spring.. Trying to break into the US market.. Our biggest show to date was opening for Mercy Me, with just over 5000 people in the audience..

www.stephanieisraelson.com is our site

We are have worked with an American promotion company called LighthouseEvents

--

My personal youtube page is www.youtube.com/stevehubbardguitar

I'm really into rock/fusion/funk , etc ,etc..

-Steve

Steve, great playing there my friend . Checked out your band page and youtube stuff . Hope you make it down this way . Lots of contemporary christain bands come through here in Columbia . You like the Suhr ? I have a couple PRS and a Tom Anderson amongst the Gibsons and Fenders . Good luck to you .

Barry said:
Steve, great playing there my friend . Checked out your band page and youtube stuff . Hope you make it down this way . Lots of contemporary christain bands come through here in Columbia . You like the Suhr ? I have a couple PRS and a Tom Anderson amongst the Gibsons and Fenders . Good luck to you .

Thanks.. Love the Suhr, but would also like to try an Anderson, and a LP std 2008 !!

I've actually been to SC when I was younger, for vacation.. Loved it!! Beautiful place to live

shogun said:
Barry said:

Thanks.. Love the Suhr, but would also like to try an Anderson, and a LP std 2008 !!

I've actually been to SC when I was younger, for vacation.. Loved it!! Beautiful place to live
I have an Anderson Cobra, very precise instrument . Frets/neck are impeccable . I would guess you probably went to Charleston, Myrtle Beach or some place along the coast . Loads of Canadians vacation there . I live in the capitol city of the state . Big university here, lots of places to gig .

ive got the stiletto 212 now.. definitely is the sound i was looking for.. ill get to really test it tomorrow at a gig! its definitely smaller sounding, with less bottom end.. but the fat midrange is really there! i tried running both it and the recto together and it sounded EPIC! might try this for the show tomorrow

Barry said:
shogun said:
Barry said:

I have an Anderson Cobra, very precise instrument . Frets/neck are impeccable . I would guess you probably went to Charleston, Myrtle Beach or some place along the coast . Loads of Canadians vacation there . I live in the capitol city of the state . Big university here, lots of places to gig .

Some day i'll get my hands on an anderson! Some day! I was at both of the above places.. really digged it! You're lucky to have such warm weather! :)

Latest posts

Back