Stiletto 212 vs. Recto 212 CAB

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dmcguitar said:
barry, the recto line of 2x12 has casters say on the page

http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Guitar%20Cabinets/RECTOcabs/Recto2x12H-LG.htm

2x12 Rectifier® Horizontal
Guitar Cabinet
Performance Features:

120 Watt
V30 Speakers
Closed Back
8 Ohm
Finish & Construction:

Marine Grade Baltic Birch Cabinet
Black Taurus Vinyl Covering
Black Twisted Jute Grille
Black Piping
Trak-Loc™ Removable Casters
Slip Cover
Optional Custom
Mine is not all that old and it did not come with casters . Im looking at the 2010 Mesa catalog and the 2X12 and 1X12 recto cabs do not come with casters . All the other recto cabs do though . If you look at the pics the other cabs have the metal brackets on the bottom that the casters snap into but the 2x12 and 1X12 do not .

Barry said:
dmcguitar said:
barry, the recto line of 2x12 has casters say on the page

http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Guitar%20Cabinets/RECTOcabs/Recto2x12H-LG.htm

2x12 Rectifier® Horizontal
Guitar Cabinet
Performance Features:

120 Watt
V30 Speakers
Closed Back
8 Ohm
Finish & Construction:

Marine Grade Baltic Birch Cabinet
Black Taurus Vinyl Covering
Black Twisted Jute Grille
Black Piping
Trak-Loc™ Removable Casters
Slip Cover
Optional Custom
Mine is not all that old and it did not come with casters . Im looking at the 2010 Mesa catalog and the 2X12 and 1X12 recto cabs do not come with casters . All the other recto cabs do though . If you look at the pics the other cabs have the metal brackets on the bottom that the casters snap into but the 2x12 and 1X12 do not .

Unless they have changed it for 2010, thats only the photo. The past X amount of years, they've been a standard on them

i bought mine like 4 or 5 yrs ago, no place hardware for casters on mine, and i've never seen a 2x12 recto with casters. Maybe it's a website typo

there is no debate here, they have casters, or at least have since 2008-- so unless they have discontinued them for 2010, they still come with them.. lets get back to the topic!

i can't find a picture showing the casters like on a 4x12, so there is a debate. I do agree it's off topic.

my gosh.. do you think we're lying?

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar+Amp/product/Mesa%2FBoogie/2x12+Recto+Cabinet/10/1

1, click this link
2, press ctrl + F
3, type in casters
4, read

Im not calling anyone a liar but I am looking at the new 2010 Mesa catalog just released and the 2X12 horizontal and 1X12 recto cabs do not come with casters . Maybe they did at one time but dont think they do now. I bought my 2X12 in 2008 and it did not come with casters and it wasnt old stock in the store , I actually ordered it . My wife works for the local Mesa dealership and there are some other 2X12 cabs in there and they do not have casters . My gosh, do you think Im lying ?

Barry said:
Im not calling anyone a liar but I am looking at the new 2010 Mesa catalog just released and the 2X12 horizontal and 1X12 recto cabs do not come with casters . Maybe they did at one time but dont think they do now. I bought my 2X12 in 2008 and it did not come with casters and it wasnt old stock in the store , I actually ordered it . My wife works for the local Mesa dealership and there are some other 2X12 cabs in there and they do not have casters . My gosh, do you think Im lying ?

No, i think you're being a dweeb, because I have one sitting in my room with casters, have a buddy 5 minutes away who has one with casters, and have seen many in stores. I'm not sure whether you're trying to argue whether they don't exist, or if they are custom, but I have only ever seen them with casters, in stores..

shogun said:
Barry said:

No, i think you're being a dweeb, because I have one sitting in my room with casters, have a buddy 5 minutes away who has one with casters, and have seen many in stores. I'm not sure whether you're trying to argue whether they don't exist, or if they are custom, but I have only ever seen them with casters, in stores..
Sorry you think Im a dweeb but obviously Im not the only one here who has a 2X12 cab without casters . My guess is that they have discontinued the casters on that cab since it states it in the catalog that just hit the stores . Im happy for you that yours has casters but I think we can agree that they made a change at some point . The new catalog states that the 4X12 annd 2X12 vertical comes with casters but the 1X12 and 2X12 horizontal does not come with casters , dont take my word for it consult the 2010 catalog . They obviously made a change at some point or we would all have casters on our cabs . I'll refrain from calling you a dweeb but I have one sitting right in front of me as well without casters and there are two at the store without casters .

so how bout the weather? it's ugly out in indiana! So i take it the stiletto cab better for lead guitar, and recto more of a rhythm?

nomad100hd said:
so how bout the weather? it's ugly out in indiana! So i take it the stiletto cab better for lead guitar, and recto more of a rhythm?
Weather good in S.C. at the moment . The size venue I play in will usually dictate choice of cab I will use . There is something magical about a 4x12 IMHO

it's been so long since i've used a 4x12, i plugged my amp into a 4x12 recto for a minute one day and preferred the sound of my 2x12 recto. I didn't try it long enough to really eq my amp for it

nomad100hd said:
it's been so long since i've used a 4x12, i plugged my amp into a 4x12 recto for a minute one day and preferred the sound of my 2x12 recto. I didn't try it long enough to really eq my amp for it
I do prefer the Stiletto 4X12 over the recto version

nomad100hd said:

I'd say so!

Barry said:
shogun said:
Barry said:

Sorry you think Im a dweeb but obviously Im not the only one here who has a 2X12 cab without casters . My guess is that they have discontinued the casters on that cab since it states it in the catalog that just hit the stores . Im happy for you that yours has casters but I think we can agree that they made a change at some point . The new catalog states that the 4X12 annd 2X12 vertical comes with casters but the 1X12 and 2X12 horizontal does not come with casters , dont take my word for it consult the 2010 catalog . They obviously made a change at some point or we would all have casters on our cabs . I'll refrain from calling you a dweeb but I have one sitting right in front of me as well without casters and there are two at the store without casters .

K, it just seemed like you were trying to claim that they didn't exist. Apologies

casters.

they used to not, and now they do. gosh it's not that difficult. i took one out of the box at work about three months ago. it has the plates on the bottom and the casters were in a bag in the box.

They (2X12) didnt come with casters in the past but they do now . I traded an email with Tim Mckee with mesa artist relations and he said that they do presently but not in the past . I have one from 2008 and it doesnt have them .

Barry said:
They (2X12) didnt come with casters in the past but they do now . I traded an email with Tim Mckee with mesa artist relations and he said that they do presently but not in the past . I have one from 2008 and it doesnt have them .

Bing!

Are you endorsing Mesa? I've tried to talk to artist relations, with no success so far.. Wish I lived in the U.S.

I'm interested in what your 112 front ported cab will sound like.. Look forward to a review of some sort!

Latest posts

Back