Stiletto 212 vs. Recto 212 CAB

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shogun

Reaction score
Hello, just curious on the tonal differences between the recto 212 and the Stiletto 212... Maybe even a comparison to the Roadster 212 as well..

I'm looking for something a bit easier to lug then my orange 212.. I tried an orange 112 and I didn't care for it at all.. Are the Widebody 112's any good?

The recto 212 is probably no better to lug than the orange, other than the fact that it has wheels..

Here are a couple 'free' licks for your troubles :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mUxDFon1L0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NySq93c3D8A

Thnx!

Hi

dude the recto 2x12 is no lightweight. I've been an avid speaker for v30's with the mark series but I'm changing direction and am letting both my recto cabs go. A 4x12 and a 2x12, I'm going thiele with my mk4.

Sorry forgot the stiletto part. When I was shopping for a 2x12 for my recto and my stiletto heads I found the recto 2x12 far superior to the stiletto 2x12. For both heads there was a certain bottom fill, breath, depth in the recto cab that was totally absent in the stiletto cab. But the stiletto cab is lighter and smaller and a lot easier on the back :mrgreen:

hmmmmmm.. Yeah. I'm definitely not gonna go with the recto, though it does have wheels... How do you think 2 stiletto 212's would sound? Is it mostly bottom end that they are lacking? I have the bass almost off on the MKV, ha..

Any opinion on the widebody 112 ?

Well I have a mk 4 and I'm not loving the v30's with it any more. But to give you a clue the stiletto 2x12 sounded somehow less scooped than the recto. Musicman here on the board swears by the 1x12 3 quarterback loaded with an EV-L speaker. He's using the mark V

hhaha.. im actually a 'mid freak'.. so maybe the stiletto 212 would work for me.. my biggest need in a cab is a 'big sound' (not the bottom end) and ear-friendly highs

i can't decide between the cute and portable idea of a 112, mic'd up

or the monstrous look and air of 2 - 212's!

sooo... err... im trying out a recto 212 today.. :oops:

/finishes eating words

hahhaa... i keep doing that in my head.. i am gonna order a mark v and a cab.. but dont know whether to get the widebody 1x12, 3/4 back 2x12, recto 2x12, vert 2x12, or the roadking 2x12.. every few hours it changes.. and what i want them to look like (figurei should get a covering that i like while im at it... and there are tons of choices) i don't have the luxury of trying out all of the different combinations though

can you detail your results for me as you try out your options?

thanks

yeah, not diggin the recto.. it is definitely scooped, and has an added top end sizzle, that is not so great for lead.. the orange definitely sounds WAY bigger, thicker, smoother.. i'm going to call boogie and talk to them about the tonal differences between cabinets, and inquire about a Stiletto 212 cab w/ casters.. I wish those slackers would get back from NAMM already!

shogun said:
hmmmmmm.. Yeah. I'm definitely not gonna go with the recto, though it does have wheels... How do you think 2 stiletto 212's would sound? Is it mostly bottom end that they are lacking? I have the bass almost off on the MKV, ha..

Any opinion on the widebody 112 ?
I may be wrong but I didnt think the recto 2x12 has casters

yeah the recto / road kings have casters standard since they are 60+ lbs.. the stilleto cab doesnt its only 48 ish.

shogun did you consider the road king 2x12? since its a v30 in a closed back (and recto oversize) and a c90 in the openback slot?

or even the 2x12 3/4 back?

i know i want a sweet lead sound... and a "tough" rhythm.. hard rock sound for me

I think I like the twin v30's.. Its just the cabinet-- the orange is so much smoother.. Definitely looked at everything though! I'll just have to wait and talk to boogie, and see what they advise i try

barry, the recto line of 2x12 has casters say on the page

http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Guitar%20Cabinets/RECTOcabs/Recto2x12H-LG.htm

2x12 Rectifier® Horizontal
Guitar Cabinet
Performance Features:

120 Watt
V30 Speakers
Closed Back
8 Ohm
Finish & Construction:

Marine Grade Baltic Birch Cabinet
Black Taurus Vinyl Covering
Black Twisted Jute Grille
Black Piping
Trak-Loc™ Removable Casters
Slip Cover
Optional Custom

my 2x12 recto cab did not come with castors, but then again i got it at guitar center so maybe i got screwed

Okay, I A/B'd the Recto 412 and Stiletto 412 today with an electradyne.. The Stiletto cab wins, hands down-- for what I'm looking for.. More mids, smoother top end, tighter low end, lots of bass to spare.. The Recto cab would be better for someone who likes more of a scooped tone, with a sizzly top end. I'm going to order the Stiletto 212 and enjoy the tone / portability :)

Latest posts

Back