Stereo power amp question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobMac

Reaction score
Hey new to the board but have been reading for a good while!!!

My question is if i have one preamp going into to input A on the power amp and one preamp going into input B and i want to run two seperate 1X12 cabs, is it possible to get both pre's coming out of Both speakers ie when i want to play through the preamp in input A only, will it just come out one cab ie the one hooked up to it's respective output?

I am hoping not !

thanks for your help

If its a true stereo power amp (which most are) then yes they will only send to their respective outputs and not both.

You could probably send one or the other to both by using an audio switcher in between the preamps and poweramp.

The only way to make input A feed both speakers is to use something to split the signal or use a Y cable to go from the "A" output to both power amp inputs

Mr_You said:
If its a true stereo power amp (which most are) then yes they will only send to their respective outputs and not both.

You could probably send one or the other to both by using an audio switcher in between the preamps and poweramp.

"Mr. you"
New guy here. Hey I just wanted to know how you like your PRS Hollow 1?

I have a PArker Nightfly Mojo that I put PRS v/bass abd HFS pup's in. CAn you get a good variety with it? I like Blues-ish /rock sounds and sometimes
Jazz-ish sounds. Can you get les paul-ish with it? Sorry to interupt this post but, I noticed what you play. Thanks Trevor :lol:

Paul Secondino said:
The only way to make input A feed both speakers is to use something to split the signal or use a Y cable to go from the "A" output to both power amp inputs

What do you mean? have a Y cable coming from the outs of both pre amps into just input A of the poweramp? would that work? Could it affect the signal much?

My setup by the way is Marshall JMP-1, mesa boogie studio pre ,t.c electronics M-one Mesa boogie, 20/20

Thanks for the help guys!!!!

sorry to bump but could running a Y cable from an output on each of the studio pre and jmp-1 into one input in the power amp work?

Latest posts

Back