Stereo effects help

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

backyardburial

Reaction score
Hi, I'm running a recto pre into a 20/20, trying to run delay and chorus in stereo. Here's a rundown of what I have - Guitar into vol. pedal-wah-pog2-overdrive-freeze-amp. No problems there.

But, in the fx loop of the recto Im plugging the input of a 5ch. Roadrage looper, into send,

Loop1 has an EQ and a BBE
Loop 2 and 3 are empty (thats where delay and chorus was)
Loop4 has a flanger and
Loop5 has a Boss Rc-2
Heres where I'm lost-
all these are working but Im going from the return of the looper into a boss chorus, (only one input on this one) the two outs are going to two inputs in the boss delay, and the two outputs are going to right and left return on the recto preamp. My idea was that I have put two pedals just after the Roadrage, and they are still in the loop. The delya and chorus is working but its not panning left to right in my mesa stereo cab. Also, if anything else in the Roadrage is engaged, the chorus and delay don't work come through at all.
Am i doing anything right here orhave I completely botched it? As far as I can tell eerything is working except for the "panning thing", and I didnt think having the looper engaged should "shut down" the effects after the looper....Sorry for the long winded post, but I tried to explain as succintly as I could!

I'm having trouble grasping what you mean from your description. Would it be possible to do a sketch of your routing and post it here? Would make it heaps easier - might even help you see where things are going wrong.

That is a better idea, will try do that today...in the meantime, ignore everything I said about the front of the amp effects....it all boils down to putting effects AFTER the bypass looper. Can I use the return on the looper as an out for stereo pedals. But Ill try get a sketch done anyway! Cheers!

Back