standard tubes in boogies!??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andershoeg

Reaction score
Hi there! I can see that there is different colour-codes for the tubes you can buy from Mesa Boogie. But which ones are the STANDARD ones!? I have a single recto, and want to know which 6L6's AND EL34's (for experimenting) that is the ones mesa boogie uses when the ship their amps. Can you guys help me out!?
you can see what I'm looking at here: http://www.thomann.de/gruppe-WEER-0.html?iwid=2

B.R. andershoeg[/url]

The color codes are not for classifying the tubes, they are for matching them.

I'm not sure of what you mean. Cause if i want new tubes, i gotta know what colour-code the old ones have....right!?

andershoeg said:
I'm not sure of what you mean. Cause if i want new tubes, i gotta know what colour-code the old ones have....right!?

Not necessarily...Mesa's tubes fall within a very narrow range, so any of them will be a plug-and-play affair. Just keep them all matched, for example the Triple has 3 pairs of power tubes...they should be all green or all grey or whatever.

Hi guys! Thanks for your replies! I will have a look at that eurotubes-site! Well....just wondering...since it's called "euro"-tubes...are they located in europe...or...?? I'm living in europe, Denmark. And what is the shipping-times?
Thanks again!
B.R. andershoeg

No, there in the US somewhere.

From what I've heard about European import taxes you'd probably be best off buying them in Europe.

Eurotubes is a distributor for JJ tubes here in the States. There are a few others here in the US, however, my experience with Bob has been great. The tubes themselves are manufactured in The Slovak Republic in Europe. They are high quality tubes, and most players, not all, like the sound of them. You may find a local distributor on that side of the pond. Bob has been great over here, as he provides matched sets and kits that are taylored for specific brand amps at very reasonable prices.

So, what you should be looking for is the brand name JJ, if you want to retube with something other than Mesa's tubes, which are actually Chinese made tubes.

I wish that I could answer your original question about the color coding, but I just don't know. If you have a local Mesa rep., they should be able to assist you with that, or possibly someone else here on the board.

Latest posts

Back