SRV tone LSS settings?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timmerel

Reaction score
Anyone have any settings for something in the SRV direction from an LSS?

timmerel said:

I don't have time to give the rundown now but if you have the manual they have some good starting points.

timmerel said:

i'm going to assume your using a strat already..... i've found the way to get real close is a tube screamer infront and the secret weapon.... 13 gauge strings :shock: .... SRV used insanely heavy strings for his time.... it still amazes me how great his bended technique is with strings that heavy..... also with strings that heavy you have to setup your guitar with a little higher action.... the tonal difference by changing the strings and setup alone is amazing..... also he wound the **** out of his pickups to be super hot... the texas specials in the srv signature are awesome for that SRV tone

that Lonestar setting is so nice and snappy on the clean tone. Love the gain that high. That being said, you do need to goose channel 2 with something, as I found most of the manual settings are great for rhythm, but not leads.

Thanks guys - will give the Lonestar State settings a shot.

I'm playing with 10s, and the pickups are Custom Shop 69s which aren't as hot as the Texas Specials.

I switched Channel 2 over to the Lonestar State setting. ****! That sounds just like a TS-9 with my Strat (54 custom). Now I really wish that the drive was footswitchable, but that just gives me an excuse to use a pedal. The Timmy and the MI Audio blues pro shine here

I use 11's w/fairly high action on a G&L ASAT ( not the same as a strat, I know) and I think it makes a big difference in tone. I put on 13's for a while ( & tuned down), back in the mid '90's but really got over having to transpose. The rest of the band just wouldn't participate. So I went back to regular.

Latest posts

Back