Squeeling in channel 3

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry

Reaction score
has anyone had squeeling in channel 3 if you have the main output up around 11:30 - 12:00 ?Im having this problem but its intermittent . My first guess is V6 preamp tube might be going .

I just had the same problem. I was getting microphonic squeal on Channel 3 (except mine squealed no matter what volume) in Mark IV mode and a little bit on II C+ mode. So yesterday I made a trip down to the music store, bought a couple of 12AX7 Boogie brand tubes, and about thirty minutes ago switched out the preamp tube position V3... and that fixed it.

Below is a link to an older forum post I referred to. That member switched out V1 to fix his, but I guessed at V3 after referring to the diagram in the manual on page 62 and looking at which positions were what gain stages. I got lucky and guessed correctly.

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=37571

Hope this helps!

How are you conecting the amp? straight to the wall? using some upc?

cause ive experimented a bad functionality straight to the wall and with bad upc so, be aware, this amp is very sensitive
cheers

My guess would be that it's one of the tubes. Unfortunately, given that it happens on channel 3, it could be any of them except v2.

Back