High pitched noise when bright switch is on , ch3

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Rooney

Reaction score
Hello, when I turn on the bright switch on channel 3 I get a high pitched noise, has anyone else had this issue.I guess it might be the preamp tube it's connected to or the cap .

Well, what are the other settings? How loud is the amp? Where are the treble and presence set at? Do the controls have any influence on the noise?

My guess would be pre-amp tube, maybe one in the final gain stages of Ch3 if there is no high pitched noises on other channels. Check out the tube chart in the manual to which ones it might be.

My guess would be pre-amp tube, maybe one in the final gain stages of Ch3 if there is no high pitched noises on other channels. Check out the tube chart in the manual to which ones it might be.
Thanks, it went away but if it comes back I'll change the tube.

Hello, when I turn on the bright switch on channel 3 I get a high pitched noise, has anyone else had this issue.I guess it might be the preamp tube it's connected to or the cap .
Any pedals? If so, what type of power adapter are you using with your pedals? Some of the adapters out there are notorious for high-pitched noises especially noticeable with bright amps and/or bright settings.

I have a Helix connected , and my laptop connects to my helix which makes noise sometimes .Not really the same noise though but I'll check again.

Back