Splawn Nitro

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr_You

Reaction score
So this amp is going to be announced any day now. This is what I've found out so far:

Splawn Nitro Head:

"all black...black chassis tolex, piping and barbed wire! and JJ kt88"

Suppose to have a more modern voicing compared to the current line up.

Looking forward to hearing and hopefully playing it. Might be my next purchase unless Mesa has a surprise for us.

This is gonna be a wicked amp. The current quickrods are supposed to do metal very well at the moment, so a more modern voiced version of this will no doubt crush...

Stoked to hear it. I had a KT88 Promod100 for a while and it breathed fire.

Looking forward to seeing this barbed-wire headshell too... To me it sounds a bit cheesy, but those splawn amps look so good I'm sure they will have come up with something that looks great.

****. that sounds awesome.

how is the reliability with splawn? the only guy i know that has one loves the sound, but he said he has it in to a tech every other week because something goes wrong. maybe he just got a lemon?

The Nitro is definitely a monster. Keeps the tonality of the other Splawn's intact, but adds some extra gain and balls to it. Little more low-mid emphasis, remains tight for heavy playing. Very nice amp. Last I heard, there was roughly a 12-14 week wait with all the pre-orders that are in.

Fixxer6671 said:
It sounds good, but man I am having a hard time liking any other gain than MESA.....

Agreed, I like the way other amps sound but not when i'm playing because i have been using my recto for so long that it influences a lot my playing, like i know all the inflections and nuances to expect and how long to push a note before feedback etc. I just can't leave mesa even if i tried. I love my amp and plan to get more of the mesa stuff.

Latest posts

Back