Speakers, Boxes, and Response

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afu

Reaction score
I really don't want to derail this conversation. I had some thoughts, questions and ideas that come to me from time to time and this rekindled some of it.

1) Acoustic bracing. I know there's not a lot of room on the baffle, but considering the flex at loud volumes, would it be a good idea to create a bracing pattern for the front that could even the response? A thinner baffle with braces could create a tuned response. A dark cloth would cover it, if it was not desirable to see the braces.

2) Compartmentalized, stereo, 4x12 pairs (or whatever size speaker). Two sealed sections of a 4X12 could be made to have two pairs to handle different responses and, perhaps, different power handling.

3) Build an additional interior bottom to decouple it from the floor.

Musicians do all kinds of things to eliminate unwanted sounds, but why not build the cabinet to naturally de-emphasize those? What do you think?

1) Acoustic bracing. I know there's not a lot of room on the baffle, but considering the flex at loud volumes, would it be a good idea to create a bracing pattern for the front that could even the response? A thinner baffle with braces could create a tuned response. A dark cloth would cover it, if it was not desirable to see the braces.

They already do this with the centre post. Also, I figure this might be with the angled 4x12s are tighter/less bassy than the straight cabs (1 piece vs 2 piece baffle).

2) Compartmentalized, stereo, 4x12 pairs (or whatever size speaker). Two sealed sections of a 4X12 could be made to have two pairs to handle different responses and, perhaps, different power handling.

Old Boogie cab. Current Roadking cabs (albiet one section is open back)

3) Build an additional interior bottom to decouple it from the floor.

Removable casters weigh less and give you the option to couple or decouple easily.

Latest posts

Back