Speaker suggestions in general

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casper

Reaction score
I know this is a common question. What are the 112 combo players swapping out Black Shadows with these days? Please sound off with your experiences. I just bought a .50 caliber+ and won't be using half of its power..my back ain't what it used to be and I know the BS weighs at 15 lbs. I was thinking Celestion V-Type or Eminence Neo Lil Texas. Thoughts anyone?

I like the WGS ET-65 in my MkIII. It now resides in its own 1x12 cab and mixes well with the EV12L with a fraction of the weight.

kdorsey said:
I like the WGS ET-65 in my MkIII. It now resides in its own 1x12 cab and mixes well with the EV12L with a fraction of the weight.

So you mix the EV12L and the WGS ET-65 now? Were you running just the ET-65 at lower power, and if so, how was that? Very intrigued by the ET-65, currently using an EV12L myself. Can you describe tonal differences? Thank you!

I run a vintage 30 in my mkiii blue stripe and I love the tone. Maybe a little looser in the low end compared to the EV, but the highs are tamed a bit and it's gotta be a good 10-15 pounds lighter than stock. Just a standard heavy combo now, not a boat anchor, haha

V30 doesn't quite do metal so well but that's what the 4x12 is for..

kdorsey said:

I have an WGS ET-65 in my DC2, and it took 4 pounds off of the stock VS-12 and sounds better.

Al

Latest posts

Back