Speaker/sound issues with mark IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarzan1143

Reaction score
So I always thought my mark IV lacked low end entirely, almost sold it because of this. i took otu the speaker which was a Celestion lead 80... put in a vintage 30... holy ****, theres the low end! now a problem I am having is the speaker... can only be defined as... "flubbing". when i palm mute bass notes the speaker seems to vibrate strangely. its an open back combo, so its not like an air/cabinet restriction. What worries me is i plugged the combo into my 4x12, and its doing the same thing on those speakers! is there a problem with the amp? Also, the vintage 30 is only 60 watts or so, id like to get something more powerful in it. any suggestions for low-end bearing 112 speakers? I heard the celestion k100 is good?

The bass is at like 1.5/2, the slider is just at the top line, maybe slightly under it. regardless it shouldnt be doing this even with the slider all the way up as my last mark IV did and the mark III before it, never had this issue?

Alright so i bought a 2x12 half back cab with two EVs in it, and it doesnt make this noise through this cabinet? I suspect that im just having an issue with the amp overpowering the speakers? who knows, its fixed now!

Back