speaker for mk1v

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PRS1

Reaction score
maybe you can help !
i have a short head mk1v, & i use a thiel, with evm l2l, and a 1x12 half back with a vintage 30. i find the v30 to have way to much in the mids, so i wanted to get another evm to replace that, but there not exactly plentifull in the uk. i've heard that the eminence delta pro 12 is along the lines of the evm, any experience of this speaker, or any suggestions for a replacement that's known to work with the mk1v in the half back cab ? the thiel is brilliant.
thanks in advance.
how do you get these emoticons into the text ?

If I'm not mistaken, the Thiele was designed around the EVM12L and is my personal favorite as well. I don't think they are producing them anymore, but if you look around, they are still available used.

Electrovoice has reissued the EVM 12-L as the 12-L Classic and the 12-L Black Label (300 watts) tweaked by Zak Wylde. They have appeared in all the mail order catalogs by now.

The Eminence Delta Pro is a good sounding speaker. I have 2 of them. It sounds similar to the EV12L. The high end is a little darker and it is not as loud (efficient) as the EV. These differences can work in certain amps. The Delta Pro is cheap enough to try. As Restless Rocks said the 12L is back in production. An older one will be broken in and be a little softer sounding however. Hope this helps.

thanks for all the replies so far. obviously i know what the original evm is like, and wanted to get as close to that as i could, the ones on the bay at the mo, are not shipping internationaly, & i can't find one s/h in the uk, hence the search for something similar.

Latest posts

Back