Something new on the way?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Manual would be great as those videos are like peeing against the wind

Hmmm. I don't really care about the Cabclone IR, or Midi Control, so this really doesn't have much to offer for me. Also, the Cabclone IR is software based. What happens when the software is no longer supported? I'd MUCH rather have any type of IR / cabclone be located externally.
I'm also not sure why they are so into mentioning how SMALL it is as a talking point.

Also "Simul Seven"? What is that supposed to mean? One of the big reasons I wanted the Mark V is due to the power amp options that it has, which are different for each channel. This has gotten rid of all of those, and even the overall master volume and solo control. I guess after the success of the JP-2C they decided they weren't needed.

My biggest question with this is why the Mark VII mode is on the second channel. It's supposed to be "hyper aggressive" and apparently brings in some of the rectifier magic, so why would they put it on the second channel with crunch and fat? I also... really like the Mark I mode on my Mark V, so I consider that a minuse.

They glossed right over the Mark VII mode. Something seems amiss with this release. It is the post-Gibson era Mesa afteral.

There are several other videos out there reviewing the new MK7.
I like what I am hearing so far. Don't like the cost thought. Will have to sell the V, and a few others to fund the higher cost. It seems to fit my needs. For me the V sort of fell short of excellence. The only cure was the 12AT7 used in V4 (saturation mod) otherwise CH3 was too much of an ice pick to use. The JP2C was the saving grace for me. Then again, I go hooked on my pair of Royal Atlantic RA-100s. The Triple Crown is ok but has a pre-defined tone with some upper midrange you cannot get away from. However, it was much better than the Mark V character. Don't take it the wrong way, I have played through other Mark V amps and they sounded great. Mine was a lemon of sorts. Had nothing but issues with it. Also got hooked on the Badlander 100 I had to get another one.

Would I invest in the Mark VII, yep. I will have to hear it in person first before I spend any money.

Attachments

• 20230309_054454.jpg
    20230309_054454.jpg
    356 KB · Views: 0
Back