Some Triaxis Questions ...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dror520

Reaction score
I want to get a TA but I don't know a lot about it ...

so plz if you can help me figure it out... OK here it goes:

1. Can I change the presets of the TA with a Foot controller like when I change the channels on a regular amp ?

In addition, can I have a midi setup with a midi controller and a amp switcher or I need some thing else ?

2. Whats the cost for a used TA or a new TA on the market ?

3. What stuff do i need to buy with it so I can play with it ?

sry for being a noob, but a really want to learn ...

BTW, can some one give me some clips of the TA ?? that will be great !!!

all the clips found by clicking on the links in my signature below were done with the triaxis. enjoy.

1. Yes

2. Varies dependant on where you are. Based on your English I'd assume you're not from the US or the UK so I cant really help you. Ask at a local shop or look at your local ebay page.

3. It depends what you want to do with it. To use it in a live setup ideally you'd need a guitar the TA, a poweramp, and a cab. Some sort of midi controller to control it if you wanted to.

Thx for the replay !!! I live in Israel ...

about the midi controller did you say yes to both questions in number 1 ?

Dror520 said:

1. Can I change the presets of the TA with a Foot controller like when I change the channels on a regular amp ?

In addition, can I have a midi setup with a midi controller and a amp switcher or I need some thing else ?

1A). Yes.
1B). I use a MIDI controller and an audio switcher in my rig.
http://www.voodoolab.com/gcontrolpro.htm
http://www.voodoolab.com/gcx.htm
2). Used varies, New in the U.S. $1749.00 USD.
3). A poweramp and speakers + what ever extra's you may want to add such as effects.

u need a midi controller - I use the behringer fcb 1010. There is free software online (see the yahoo groups) that make it very easy to program. Just set the correct midi channel, and the coresponding patch changes and you are good to go. I use the controller to control both the triaxis and a Boss GT pro.

t0aj15 said:
Dror520 said:

1A). Yes.
1B). I use a MIDI controller and an audio switcher in my rig.
http://www.voodoolab.com/gcontrolpro.htm
http://www.voodoolab.com/gcx.htm
2). Used varies, New in the U.S. $1749.00 USD.
3). A poweramp and speakers + what ever extra's you may want to add such as effects.

The GCX is only for pedals right ?

The GCX can be used to route any audio signal (a pedal or a rack piece or a combination of pedals or combinations of rackpieces or combinations of any audio path.. period..) in each one of it's "loops". In other words you can 'true bypass' anything. Also, you could use the loops as momentary or latching footswitches. Since some gear use normally open switching as others us normally closed switching, the GCX works with both. Along with all of this, each gcx loop can be used as an A/B switch as well. If you download the manual it shows you different ways in which you can set it up. For the price, it's fantastic. You wouldn't NEED a GCX to run the triaxis though. However, in order to switch programs on the triaxis you'd need a midi controller. I highly recommend the ground control pro for the price of it.

Gregwor said:
The GCX can be used to route any audio signal (a pedal or a rack piece or a combination of pedals or combinations of rackpieces or combinations of any audio path.. period..) in each one of it's "loops". In other words you can 'true bypass' anything. Also, you could use the loops as momentary or latching footswitches. Since some gear use normally open switching as others us normally closed switching, the GCX works with both. Along with all of this, each gcx loop can be used as an A/B switch as well. If you download the manual it shows you different ways in which you can set it up. For the price, it's fantastic. You wouldn't NEED a GCX to run the triaxis though. However, in order to switch programs on the triaxis you'd need a midi controller. I highly recommend the ground control pro for the price of it.

Thx !!! If I want to have this items: TA, 2:90, G-Major, Cab. How do i make them all work together ?

Dror520 said:
Gregwor said:

Thx !!! If I want to have this items: TA, 2:90, G-Major, Cab. How do i make them all work together ?

Plug them in and they'll work together. To change patches you'd use the likes of the Ground Control Pro.

Latest posts

Back