Some people...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiktok

Reaction score
So, I just played a backlined show of Bowie vs. T.Rex covers (each act picks three or four tunes from either Bowie's glam period or any T. Rex). At first they had only guitar amp, some modern Marshall combo, but our band needed two guitar amps, so phone calls are made the night of the show...and a hardwood IIC appears.

Except, the grill cloth (probably originally wicker) has been replaced with some homemade "psychedelic" mural, half the graphic EQ fader knobs are missing, and the whole thing is looking seriously beat. Still, I fire it up and plug in my SG, determine that the clean volume on "7" is way too loud, but all the other EQ settings look fine, so I back the volume down to 5, which sounds great.

About halfway through the first tune, I start getting intermittent drop outs, which sounds like what I remember gunky pots doing when they haven't been moved in years, and then get moved. So, I have to do on the fly quick "volume up volume down" moves on the volume pot to try and clean some gunk off. Eventually this appears to fix the problem, and I'm trouble free for the remaining tunes.

I'm sure the owner has no idea how great his amp could actually be with a little TLC.

Some people...

Latest posts

Back