solo query on dual rect

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrBoggles

Reaction score
here's something someone may be able to help with.
i use a behringer 1010 to control my amp and fx thats not a problem...
when i engage the solo function even if it is turned right down (the solo knob that is) i still get a boost in volume.. :?
it's not a huge jump but funnily enough is't just the right amount.
i know that the solo should only work if it is turned higher than the main output. so i put it out there to you whats the deal??
could it be a tube thing?
any insight would be much appriciated. :)

My triple does the same thing. If I am not mistaken, the "Solo" knob is another volume pot wired in parallel with "Output". Where you set "Solo" is not 'how much' volume, rather 'how much more'. Typically I run my Output around 11:00-12:00, and with Solo set around 9:00 it gives just enough boost to put me out front in the mix for soloing. IMO best results come from setting Output for a good mix while playing rhythm, and Solo at about the same level as the lead vocalist.

Does the boost amount vary at all with higher settings of the Solo control. NoGlassNoClass is right, the solo control is just a second output control that is switchable, and it does rely on the setting of the main output control. It's not an active gain stage, so I don't think it could be tube related. Does this happen at different ouput levels too? I know the Solo control doesn't work quite the same if the Ouput control is set either really high or really low. Perhaps a bad or dirty pot? The Ouput control also functions as the fx loop return level, so perhaps it has something to do with your FX unit's levels.

o.k. usually i keep the output anywhere between 12 - 2
depending on the venue. Just to be sure i keep the solo just below this setting round 12 (you never know so i play it safe). iv'e experimented with it lots and have had the solo all the way down and still it has a boost when turned on. still acts the same even when at lower or higher volumes.
it states in the manual for the solo function to work it must be set higher than the main output eg (out at 3, solo at 4). i'm thinking it could be a pot or a resistor or a capacitor. :?

Latest posts

Back