so who actually plays out?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big rigs: home or gig?

• Yep, I take her out

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah, I keep her just for me

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Mark III simulclass head and 2 thiele/EV cabs. I keep it on simulclass most often, unless the tone of the day is a pushed clean.
We play bars, clubs and outdoor festivals, and alot of barbeque/beer parties in the summer...
Usually mic'd, sometimes not, my volume doesn't change much though..
I really great combo would be nice, but it just won't be the same to me...
I'm a one amp guy, and use this set up for practice as well as home and show, although sometimes I may run one cab.....
ax. 8)

Sure feels nice when you can open this stuff up, and let 'em rip, doesn't it?

coop21 said:
I use a Single Rectifier half stack for both practice and gigs. We have a loud drummer and I can just get the volume up enough to sound good over the drums without an attenuator. We have a rehearsal studio so no problems with levels.

that was pretty much my exact story for a while, my F100 2x12 is changing things though...

...why have a Triple? :) Seriously, I use it in both bands - doing radio rock/80s covers and my original metal stuff. How's that for versatility?

Home/recording use here. I know my ROV and Roadster-on-order are WAY too much for what I need right now, but at some point I will find some folks to jam with again. Besides, if you want that sound gotta get that amp. I've been simulating with various toys for the past couple of years and it's just not the same as the real thing.

I play out with my Tremoverb and Gflex 2x12. I recently got an Avatar 4x12, but plan on keeping that at our rehearsal spot and continuing to use the 2x12 at gigs.

Lately, me and my Dually w/Recto 4/12 have been confined to the bedroom. :x Which is why I foresee a Roadster in some type of 2/12 configuration in my future! :lol:

I keep my rig at home. The only reason being that I'm no longer in a band and haven't been for almost 4 years. That is also the primary reason I am trying to sell my Laney, way to freakin loud.

Back