Settings to remove "flubbiness" in Channel 2?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OlBoyMikeRyan

Reaction score
Hey guys! I almost exclusively play this amp on channel 1's "tweed" setting. When I need more gain, I hit it with a Boss SD-1. I'm pretty happy with the sound it produces, but I've recently started feeling like it's a huge waste to leave channels 2 and 3 unused.

The studio I practice at has JCM 2000 100w half stacks on tap and I've recently come to really love the crunch tone I can get out of those. I'm trying to approximate the same thing via my Mark V without any luck. Despite what I do using the sliders etc, I keep getting a sound that's very "flubby" in the lower registers and still kind of "round" and ugly in the upper registers. Any tips? I'm using a 2013 Les Paul Traditional. I've also replaced the Mark V speaker with a scumback H55 (i believe, I'd have to double check the exact model). That was a while ago.

Keep the bass under 10 o’clock and use the preset eq at 10 o’clock too. Even with my crunch gain 3-5 o’clock with my LP trad Pro it’s not flubby at all or even with higher gain guitars like my Tremonti.

The closest I can get to my Marshall JCM800 is to run EL34s using the Mark's channel 2 Crunch setting. Still a different beast but it seems closer to a "Marshall" sound. To me there is a little trade off though in that I lose a little "sparkle" in channel 1 not having 6L6s.

Latest posts

Back