So today my Dual Rec started picking up radio stations. WTF!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewski said:
Was it hispanic?

It was in Spanish, if that's what you mean.

Dude, that's freaky. Before I got a Furman PL-8 II power conditioner I used to pick up radio stations too - and it was always freaking spanish stations! I remember every once in a while I would pick up Morris Code, too. Try a good power conditioner and good cables.

My cell phone has been causing issues with all my amps lately, it even does it in the truck with the stereo I have in there. It even affects my monitor so I have to set it aside far enough away that it doesn't cause interference. With my amps I have tried changing amps, tubes, guitars, cords and cables and it doesn't seem to change anything. I just have to turn it off or put it in a different room while I play. I think it just boils down to the fact that I need a new phone. Mine has been around the block. It is about 5 years old and has been dropped numerous times from 3 stories up as well as just kind of abused in general in a construction site environement. The problem is it won't die. I like the ruggedness of it but would like some of the more modern features. Unfortunately the newer phones couldn't withstand the torture I subject my phone to. So for now I am stuck until they make something more rugged. That's fine with me though because I don't like answering the phone while I am playing or on the computer anyway, much less when I am driving.

Russ said:
So for now I am stuck until they make something more rugged.

You need This:
i580-1.jpg

Motorola i580. Weather proof, shock proof....awesome phone

-AJH

Dude, that's freaky. Before I got a Furman PL-8 II power conditioner I used to pick up radio stations too - and it was always freaking spanish stations! I remember every once in a while I would pick up Morris Code, too. Try a good power conditioner and good cables.

I had retubed and use a Furman Power Factor Pro. Haven't had any problems since.

Just replace guitar cables,i have proel die-hard series noiseless,before this it was Planet waves and i recived radio arabia. :wink: it must say noiseless on cables.

i've had it many of times...... with all different amps..... with and without power conditioners.... and only in my room at college.... this may sound weird but if you live in older homes with older electrical work and less insulation you actually have a lot more radio waves coming into the house.... i've found the more pedals i had hooked up in my setup the more intense the signal was...... still happened going straight into the amp.... also EMGs enhanced the signal which makes sense..... never heard it in a bass amp though

Back