so the 5-0 came to my house the other day...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PolishSasquatch

Reaction score
i was rockin out with my DR at liek..3 only for 15 minutes and my pussy eighbours behind em call teh fuzz on me! i thto it was really funny afterwards, but it sucsk cuz that means i cant hav eit loud anymore!! and they dont have the fuckgin balls to come and tell me to turn it down which i would have done hasity :evil:

Been there, done that. Mine was a Marshall JCM800. That sucks, huh?

Why are they pussy neighbours? I'm sure they want a quiet neighbourhood like everyone else and I'm sure you want the same.
Just invest in some sound insulation and reserve one insulated room to play in.

i can't read your post because of all the misspelled words and gangster jargon but yes, I agree you should insulate a room.

I hate when neighbors do crap like that. Just go to the person's house and ask them to turn it down. If they do that it's also possible to come to some sort of agreement such as 'it's ok to play that loud a couple of times a month but only on the weekend between noon and three'.

Calling the cops just brings it to a whole new level that nobody wants to deal with. Especially if you've got something in your living room you don't want the cops to see!

I used to use my parents garage for a practice spot and they have this one neighbor who is a complete dick.

So my band practices and he calles the cops, then the soundguy who lives down the street tests his subs and the guy calls the cops again.

So my father is a piano player and it is a summer day and the windows t the house are open. He played on his baby grand acoustic piano (yknow a real piano?) and this ******** living behind them calls the cops and they gave my dad a ticket!

Judge threw it out and the cp was actually dissapointed my dad wasnt charged.

Im lucky that where i live now, there is cinderblock, four foot of dirt and another brick wall between my band and this neighbor. We are in the garage/basement and its really quiet outside.

We had a show in my driveway before. Sure enough cops were called by a neighbor that lives 2 streets over that was walking by. The cops said we could have it loud till about 10 from the noise ordinance. Cool thing was is that the cops stuck around for about an hour and watched us play

i'm torn regarding this issue. on one hand, i can understand wanting to turn your amp loud in your house. when i was growing up in my parent's house i hated that my dad would get mad at me when i turned up my amp.

but now that i'm married with 3 kids, i've come to understand that you need to be mindfold of those around you. i have this neighbor who blasts his stereo at all hours of the night. and when it wakes up my kids, i just wanna go down there and beat the crap out of him. calling the police is the right thing to do because you do not know how the neighbor would react. i got into a heated argument once because i asked him to turn down his stereo. he took it personally.

it's a no-win situation. i would +1 on insulating the room or maybe getting a power attenuator or a POD (that's what i use at home for practice) with headphones. at the studio, however, my rectifer is at full blast :) the only person that complains is my singer! lol

I get what you're sayin', but at the same time...I can't understand what you typed... :oops:

73h Nils said:
I get what you're sayin', but at the same time...I can't understand what you typed... :oops:

i should edit my work before posting :)

to make a long story short: respect your neighbors :)

solution: soundproof your practice area.

theres also a huge difference between the middle of the afternoon and "all hours of the night"

eltrain858 said:
theres also a huge difference between the middle of the afternoon and "all hours of the night"

you and i know that, but according to the law, it doesn't matter what time of day it is, if you're upsetting the quiet and good order with loud music the cops can be called, whether it's 3 in the afternoon or 3 in the morning :(

sucks, i know, but when you have kids, especially babies who sleep throughout the day, it can be very upsetting hearing music, whether it's through a stereo or a 100w marshall, blaring through your walls :(

Latest posts

Back