So, Should I MOd My Mark III?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to be pedantic, but I will anyway...
The red "R" indicates a factory update (or "mod" if you insist) done to improve the reverb before the amp left the factory. It does not mean your amp "has reverb". That would be taken care of by the knob labeled "REVERB", the large rectangular Reverb Tank sitting in the bottom of the cabinet, and the *BLACK* marker "R" written as part of the chassis code (example: DRG, HRG, etc.), usually where you can't see it. Not a theory.

ok, I know my amp has reverb, it's not a mod at all, an update ok, a mod is something done after it has left the factory, so if your amp has the red "R", then it does mean you have reverb, since the red "R" indicates you have factory updated reverb.

If your amp has the red "R", and you don't have reverb, then the red "R" is very confusing, and means something else.

Yep, my head is a KDRG.

Thanks for the info MrMarkIII.

As far as I know, Mesa started to ship Mark IIIs with the factory reverb mod sometime during the blue stripe period.

Most of the blue stripes have it and all of the green stripes have it.

I have the R2 mod on my black dot, but not the reverb mod, which is fine because I like running the III as dry as I can make it. I do like the r2 mod, it is nice having that option. There is still a big volume difference in the clean and lead channel though.

Latest posts

Back