So long and thanks for all the fish! Lonestar for sale

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guitar55

Reaction score
Well, after almost a year, I've decided that the LSC is not the amp for me. It makes me a bit sad, becasue I had high hopes for it.

Actually the biggest reason is that I'm getting too old to deal with a 72lb combo!

It's been cool talking to you guys and maybe I'll still stop in now and then.

Anyway, if you know anyone (esp. in the NJ area) who's looking for a mint LSC 1x12, please point them to the classifieds section of this illustrious forum.

Thanks,
Dennis

I hear you. Took me about a year to get it to sound well to me, and It's too heavy to haul around anymore. I bought a Fender DRRI and had fantastic sound in 2 minutes, and it weighs only 42 lbs. Took me a complete re-tube of JJ's to get the LSC where it should have been when I bought it! My gut hurts just thinking about moving that sucker.

Id like to buy it, but I do not see it in the classifieds section.

Guitar55 said:
Well, after almost a year, I've decided that the LSC is not the amp for me. It makes me a bit sad, becasue I had high hopes for it.

Actually the biggest reason is that I'm getting too old to deal with a 72lb combo!

Anyway, if you know anyone (esp. in the NJ area) who's looking for a mint LSC 1x12, please point them to the classifieds section of this illustrious forum.

Thanks,
Dennis

Get a Lonestar Special cab and rehouse it. Will take 15 - 20lb off.

Jack

Good Luck with the new rig. The weight is not a problem for me yet (2x12's), but I know where you are coming from. I bought a DRRI this week cause I wanted something lighter to carry around to practice. The DRRI is nice but doesn't have the tones of the LSC.

Janglin_Jack said:
Guitar55 said:

Thanks,
Dennis

Jack
If you look at the price list carefully it appears that the weight diff is closer to 7 lbs.

4-10 on the DRRI. I've found some amazing tones in the DRRI that took me quite a while to get with the LSC. The DRRI does fender clean, like well fender! The LSC doesnt' come close to that sound, IMHO anyway. Another great thing about the DRRI is that these great sounds are available in a much easier to move cab. plus lately we've been trying to keep gig volumes on stage to a minimum and just turn up the FOH. Yesterday i was messing around with the DRRI and cranked it up to 10 and with my EMG-SA 73 Strat, I fell in love with the "cranked" sound of those little 6V6 bottles straining for all thery're mite! Just heavenly. Now I know why this amp is the most recorded amp in history.

boogiemon said:
Janglin_Jack said:
Guitar55 said:

Thanks,
Dennis

Jack
If you look at the price list carefully it appears that the weight diff is closer to 7 lbs.

Well mine shows Widebody LSC at 72 and LSS at 59 so it is 13lbs for anyone that cares.

Jack

Guitar55 said:
That's assuming the LSC and LSS chassis's weigh the same. I doubt that they do.

I weighed mine with the footpedal, cable and DF2 padded cover and it was under 60lbs. So I guess all things considered, a Lonestar Classic head in the Lonestar Special cabinet with all the goodies and a padded cover is 60lbs.

Much less than the widebody, (over 10 lbs for those counting).

Jack

I can understand commenting on the weight of a combo like the RoadKing, but don't most people use their casters? This is one of the reasons why I prefer a combo over a head and cabinet combination. I can put another item or two on top a combo and wheel it. Much better than carrying anything.

Janglin_Jack said:
Guitar55 said:
That's assuming the LSC and LSS chassis's weigh the same. I doubt that they do.

I weighed mine with the footpedal, cable and DF2 padded cover and it was under 60lbs. So I guess all things considered, a Lonestar Classic head in the Lonestar Special cabinet with all the goodies and a padded cover is 60lbs.

Much less than the widebody, (over 10 lbs for those counting).

Jack

Well, if you actually weighed it then i guess you win. :^)

i've got my LSC in a LSS cab & besides being more portable, the smaller cab helps to reign-in the the bass a little bit. Unlike the Mark series, the bass on the LSC is not loose but it can be overbearing if not eq-ed down a bit. The smaller cab seems to balance the tonal response of the LSC a little better. i can't comment on external cab configurations though & i haven't tried EL34's yet.

You could go the 5:50 express route? very light and smaller. I had a LSC before the express and sold it. I love the blues setting on the Express and i couldn't get that sound out of the LSC. I use the blues setting for my marshall tones and it's fantastic. i also put a Celestion Neo speaker(weighs about 3LBs) and would save you 9 to 10lbs just by swapping speakers, if you wanted to keep your LSC.

Back