So I went to GC yesterday to buy a Roadster....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea last time I was at Rudy's back at the end of January they had it, but I called on Monday and they said they were all out :? . I would definately buy it from there because it doesnt look like it can really be played....although I was able to turn it on. CudBucket, do you if theres any way that the Roadster at Rudy's could have been played much or messed around with? I didnt see any Cabinet or anything like that and plus it was in the wall so I wasnt sure if anyone could play it. When was the last time you were in there? Thanks, Marc

AsIAm666 said:
Yea last time I was at Rudy's back at the end of January they had it, but I called on Monday and they said they were all out :? . I would definately buy it from there because it doesnt look like it can really be played....although I was able to turn it on. CudBucket, do you if theres any way that the Roadster at Rudy's could have been played much or messed around with? I didnt see any Cabinet or anything like that and plus it was in the wall so I wasnt sure if anyone could play it. When was the last time you were in there? Thanks, Marc

Well, it was a couple months ago but John told me they had the one in the amp room as well as one in stock.

I bought my RKII from them but it was never opened till I picked it up. Still, I'd easily buy from them even if it was on display because noone is aloud to walk in and just plug in. It's no GC. The sales guys leave you alone but they check in frequently. Before the RKII I almost bought the Uberschall they had on display.

Hhhmmm thats interesting. I'll call them again today then. So your saying that even if they dont have one all boxed up and in stock, it would be ok for me to buy the one off the wall because no ones aloud to just go in and play it? Thanks a lot, Marc

AsIAm666 said:
Hhhmmm thats interesting. I'll call them again today then. So your saying that even if they dont have one all boxed up and in stock, it would be ok for me to buy the one off the wall because no ones aloud to just go in and play it? Thanks a lot, Marc

Absolutely. However, I did drop in yesterday and they don't have the Roadster. They do have a Road King II that is pristine. I also saw a 5:50 and 5:25 as well as the Mark I reissue and Recto recording pre. Oh and a 2x12 and 4x12 slant recto cab.

barneyc4 said:
anyone selling a Roadster head? I want to buy one ASAP.

Here's one.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-Dual-Rectifier-Roadster-Head-TWO-WEEKS-OLD_W0QQitemZ220085061204QQihZ012QQcategoryZ43374QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Absolutely. However, I did drop in yesterday and they don't have the Roadster. They do have a Road King II that is pristine. I also saw a 5:50 and 5:25 as well as the Mark I reissue and Recto recording pre. Oh and a 2x12 and 4x12 slant recto cab.
****, that sucks. Thanks though. I guess I'll call them again today just to see if they have any that arent on the floor... :? That guy from GC never called me back either so I'll probably call them today too because I was looking at the receipt for the DiMarzios that I ordered and it says that the Air Norton is Black, but I wanted Black/Cream. Thanks

AsIAm666 said:
****, that sucks. Thanks though. I guess I'll call them again today just to see if they have any that arent on the floor... :? That guy from GC never called me back either so I'll probably call them today too because I was looking at the receipt for the DiMarzios that I ordered and it says that the Air Norton is Black, but I wanted Black/Cream. Thanks

Are the Dimarzios for your 727? I'm thinking of changing the ones in mine too.

Yea I ordered a DiMarzio D-Sonic7 for the bridge and an Air Norton7 for the Neck. Both pickups are Black/Cream...figured I'd change the look of the guitar a little. I actually ordered the guitar with Black/Cream pickups but no one told me that cream wasnt available on 7 string pickups until I read a note that came in the case when I got it :? . Hopefully it looks good, I'm just still not sure as to which direction I should have the bar on the D-Sonic facing. Overall its a pretty bright sounding guitar so I'm leaning towards the neck. The bodys Alder, neck is Maple/Koa, Top and Headstock are Quilted Maple, and the board is Ebony. What do you have in mind?

i should read all the posts, maybe this was allready mentioned.

Its worth the wait...you'll see when you get it, have GC lend you a good amp. They unplugged one right there while i waited for my Mesa- did take awhile, i seriously thought they forgot i had the amp :lol:

I fully believe its worth the wait, and I'll do it if I have to....but I just think that waiting those how many months is just a huge waste of time. Its just time that I could be out with my band and recording and learning the Roadster inside and out. Thats why I want to buy one thats already boxed up and unopened...because its still hand made...I'm just not waiting for it, but its pretty hard to find one. And of course the guy from GC never called me back yet so today is the day I'll call and be kind of borderline mad. You'd think it would be a priority of his to make some comission. :?

AsIAm666,

Just to let you know. I am also waiting for my Roadster head. I have one on order that has been on order for the past 2 1/2 months and what these guys are saying is right. They do build one amp line at a time. From what I understand, as of 1 week ago, they were just wrapping up a Roadster run. So, we should be able to expect them in store within the next week or so.

-Nate

Thanks Nate....good to hear I guess. I guess that means if I order it I'll be waiting quite a while until the next run so I'm gonna have to see if Rudy's will get one in for me. Sounds like you'll be getting yours soon too, hopefully.

AsIAm666 said:
Thanks Nate....good to hear I guess. I guess that means if I order it I'll be waiting quite a while until the next run so I'm gonna have to see if Rudy's will get one in for me. Sounds like you'll be getting yours soon too, hopefully.

Oh yeah... I am really looking forward to it. My neighbors are going to love me =) You will have you Roadster soon also. They build to fill all orders from what I understand.

-Nate

Well I just called Rudy's and they dont have any and they dont know when/if they'll be getting anymore in :? . So now I'm gonna call GC and see what the deal is with them...I might as well just buy a used one at this point lol.

Edit: Just called GC and he said hes still waiting on a callback from Matt and Boogie and that he left him a message. So hes gonna try back during the week :roll: and let me know. He fixed the pickup order though :D

That sucks man. Personally, I dont think I'd wait that long for a guitar......maybe though. Good luck, I hear theyre amazing axes.

shnapper said:
I'm pretty sure if the GC in Charlotte has a Roadster opened(sox removed) and on the floor they won't box it up and ship it. You don't want one that's been screwed with anyways by Kids and DA's that go in there and blast it anyway. Once the tube socks are removed I consider it used and should be sold as a demo, but hey that's me.

Not sure how many roadster are out there in the world to date, but I was told I was the first in Az. to have the head. That was about 2 months ago, so to answer your Q, yes it takes along time to get one of these things..........

:D :D

no kidding about retards playing with them, at the GC near me people turn on the heads and try to crank 'em with no cabinet hooked up. i went to try a single rec and the tubes were fried to crisp in the brand new head. Multiple heads and not enough cabs, and yet the store leaves the power cords plugged in, Go figure.

From what I understand, as of 1 week ago, they were just wrapping up a Roadster run. So, we should be able to expect them in store within the next week or so.

I called GC yesterday about my Roadster Head I ordered on 2/2 and was told as of last week it's not expected in until MAY :shock: .

I asked him to call again this week. My 30 days with the Stilleto Ace is just about up.

Is there any more confermation on the Roadster run?

Dom

I just bought a Roadster head from a store in Florida yesterday. They are shipping it to my place today and I should be getting it tomorrow.

Back