Single Recto VS Dual Recto

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once again, like the dual rec's, the single rec's also have two different playing fields. LIke the two channal duals the series 1 single rec's were more organic sounding, where the series 2 became more modern just like the three channel dual.

I am not saying one is better then the other, it all comes down to personal taste, my personaly i prefer the two channal duals and the series 1 single rec, but i know plenty of players that prefer the newer rec's.

StuartMac said:
FWIW I just spent three months producing an album for a band, and we had hired in a Dual Rec. My initial idea had been to use it sparingly along with the other amps I had in my studio (Orange, Marshalls young and old, Vox, Fender Custom Shop) but we ended up using it on ever song for the bulk of the parts (through a Cornford 4x12 - unbelievable sound).

We had to return the amp after a few weeks, however, and we still had plenty guitars to do, so I got a hold of a Rectoverb head (series one) and I ended up liking that even more - the high gain sounds were at least as good, and the clean and vintage sounds were notably better (to our ears ate least), particularly the clean.

In fact, to my amazement, the clean channel through an over-sized Bogner 2x12 has rendered my Fender Bass Breaker combo obsolete on this record! :shock:

I've also used it live recently on a big stage and it sounded incredible.

Back