Single Rectifier Tone test

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drummerboy7816

Reaction score
Hey guys, here's my first stab at recording my Single Rectifer. Using a MXR 10 Band EQ in the loop, no boost. Modern channel on left, Vintage on Right, panned 75%. Raw tracks, no post processing. Sorry for the sloppy playing!

Song: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=479890&content=songinfo&songID=6665975

Let me know what you guys think! Thanks!

brutal tone man. sounds rawer than the pop band called killswitch engage hehhhhee.sounds good

Thanks dude! :D I'm getting a lordovchaos modded SD-1 soon, that should help tighten up the part with the picking so it's not all muddy like it is now.

That sounds sweet man! Yea an overdrive pedal will tighten that up and should be really good for it.

How did you record it? Is that direct in or did you mic it?

I've made the switch from DR to Single. I finally get to see what their made of. The 3 ch DR was nice but I'm pretty much a 2 channel guy. I want lean and I want a good crunch tone. I even dropped to the 2x12 can from the 4x12 in order to tighten things up. Plus a full set of Dougs pre's and power tubes will help!
Thanks for the clip!

Devho said:
That sounds sweet man! Yea an overdrive pedal will tighten that up and should be really good for it.

How did you record it? Is that direct in or did you mic it?

Thanks guys! I close mic'd it with my SM58 > Lexicon Lambda > Adobe Audition.

ltd2recto said:
Sounds good man. What tubes are you using?

Thanks! I'm using Doug's preamp tubes:

Tung-Sol 12AX7
High Gain JJ ECC83
Penta 12AX7
Shuguang 12AX7 9th gen
Sovtek 12AX7 LPS

Powertubes I'm using KT77's.

Latest posts

Back