Need HELP w/ metal tone!! getting crazy with Dual Rectifier!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
should be it like this??.. or something wrong?... (volume and cabinet reaction)? thinking its because of marshall cab..

for your maximizer comment.. yes maximizer kills the mids.. which is not nice.. but still its work "ok" compared to previous tone which was a way muddy...

by the way any advise for any overdrive or boost pedal... in order to get close to Emppu`s tone?..

Shoragoth said:
BENNY said:
Shoragoth said:
and any more idea about the gear that I use?.. and the tone that I want to have??

NO !

thanks for help then.. no need to be rude.

ha ha ha....just kiddin dude....i just had to cause it was funny. just keep working with it you'll find what you are looking for. it is tough to set up the way everyone else does cause there are so many factors. i personally like to use spongy and 50 watts. i also like mod tones dyno drive . http://www.modtone-effects.com/Dyno-Drive.html

sorry to be a prick....i just am.

Shoragoth said:
by the way any advise for any overdrive or boost pedal... in order to get close to Emppu`s tone?..

To me, his tone sounds like a fairly generic Recto tone... no pedal required to get it.

Recto's do like mid boost/bass cut type overdrives... such as a Tubescreamer or Boss SD-1. I don't generally use them myself, but lots of dudes get great sounds with one.

You should be able to get a great metal tone out of a Dual Recto just by plugging straight in running a decent cab and guitar with setting recommended in the manual. I'd find the weak link in that recipe. No offence but are you very familliar with tube amps, been playing long? When I first went from metal zone distortion to the tube world I was a little taken aback also.

BENNY said:
crank that biz-ach up and pound on it like a Malaysian *****
Translation: Higher volume equals better tone in a recto. Also, you said you prefered the tone of a mic'd cab into a PA speaker better than out of the cab itself. This tells me you're after a super scooped sound as most PA speakers accentuate the high end via horn tweater and have boomy lows. The sound comming out of a typical guitar cab is going to have a more prominate midrange and warmth.

screamingdaisy said:
Shoragoth said:

To me, his tone sounds like a fairly generic Recto tone... no pedal required to get it.

Recto's do like mid boost/bass cut type overdrives... such as a Tubescreamer or Boss SD-1. I don't generally use them myself, but lots of dudes get great sounds with one.

What about mid boost / bass cut bridge pickups?

YellowJacket said:
screamingdaisy said:
Shoragoth said:

the bridge pick up that my guitar have is "TB-4" he does have TB-5 at the bridge...

for PA system comments: my system sucks a bit.. then I record it with sm-57.. sound much original than what comes out from PA... I will post my preset to the post.. glad to hear some comments.. thanks

Boost it with an OD...youll get so much tighter tone and adds some extra mids.
I use a Maxon od808 or a digitech bad monkey, both sounds good

screamingdaisy said:
YellowJacket said:

The EMG 81 is popular for a reason.

There are passives available with a similar EQ curve. I'm thinking Black Dog, Holy Diver, and Painkiller from Bare Knuckle, for instance. Pickup selection is a huge deal when it comes to getting guitars and amps to co-operate.

Back