Single Rectifier Problems

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chelch

Reaction score
Hello all. The problem I am having is with the volume. On channel 2 when I set the master to 12 O clock the output knob doesnt make any difference in sound past 9 O clock. The head gets pretty loud but not as loud as it should go. I can put my master all the way up and the output still wont make the head louder past 9 o clock. I have tried different power tubes and and same result. Only thing I can think of is a bad preamp tube.

I am using an 8ohm cab by the way

Power Tubes?????

chelch said:
Hello all. The problem I am having is with the volume. On channel 2 when I set the master to 12 O clock the output knob doesnt make any difference in sound past 9 O clock. The head gets pretty loud but not as loud as it should go. I can put my master all the way up and the output still wont make the head louder past 9 o clock. I have tried different power tubes and and same result. Only thing I can think of is a bad preamp tube.

I am using an 8ohm cab by the way

It could be a bad pot. I had a similar problem and had to replace one of the pots on channel two. The tone controls are interactive so it could be any one of them. I called Mesa and they sent me a replacement. It was very easy to change. Give them a call, they should be able to help you out.

the pots are the things that the knob actually sits on. Its the mechanism that actually does the turning inside. It can be replaced if its the problem. It maybe be 1 of many things though. Have her checked out. Better safe than sorry.

Thanks for the explanation humbility. Learning as I go on this Mesa. :D

Just got some bad news. Brought it into the shop and the output transformer is toast. I at least feel better that something was wrong and it wasnt just me.

chelch said:
Just got some bad news. Brought it into the shop and the output transformer is toast. I at least feel better that something was wrong and it wasnt just me.

Tough break man, hope it goes ok.

looking at about 200 bucks for total repairs. Oh well..who needs money anyways. :D

Latest posts

Back