Single Rec tone with texas heats / Cascade fathead / sm57

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
guitars sound great.......so does the bass and i know this is mostly a guitar test at this point but i did not like the drums at all.....sounded way muffled and no punch.....i'm sure you plan on working on that before the final mix but as I stated i LOVED the guitar tones!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

yeah the drums need a ton of mixing, everything on the drums was pretty much raw except the kick drum its the only thing I have messed with .. The bass was done with an epi thunderbird and a mesa boogie titan v12! running through a 1x12 avatar bass cab that I use only for recording. And thanks for the kudos on the tone! The fathead is great mic to record with.

burnstudios said:
Thanks!

yeah the drums need a ton of mixing, everything on the drums was pretty much raw except the kick drum its the only thing I have messed with .. The bass was done with an epi thunderbird and a mesa boogie titan v12! running through a 1x12 avatar bass cab that I use only for recording. And thanks for the kudos on the tone! The fathead is great mic to record with.

you are very welcome.......and thanks for being cool with me being honest....i love that we can all share clips on here but it's improtant for me that I try to be honest with folks because I want them to be the same with me......so when i tell you the guitars and bass are massive and sound great its because i really mean it and then I can also say "hey, the drums need some tweaking" and it not be taken as me trying to rip on you...i would never do that to someone.

Its all good man! I'll get the drums to sound massive as well. I would like to add that the single rec has EL34's in and not the standard 6L6GC..
V1 is a tung sol V2 V3 are both sovteks v4 is a mesa and v5 which is the inverter is a NOS mullard 12at7. Guitar is a Korean made Dean Icon with stock pups tuned CGCFAD and 12-60 strings hehe.

Latest posts

Back