simul class or not?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timjtitus

Reaction score
i'm looking at a mark III but the owner doesn't know what stripe or if it's simul class or not. i've asked for the serial number, can someone tell me what it is based on that? all he knows is that it's from the late 80's.

Wouldnt it be easier to look for the simul class switch?Or did they make some III's without a switch?I,admittedly have only worked on a few,but havent seen one,or a schem without the switch.

phyrexia said:
I thought some Simul models only had a "Half Power" switch anyway.

Correct, hence the idiot proof way to determine it's output section is by the number on the OT.

Everyone is full of novel ideas when it's not there money and that's bullshit. That's just lazy. When someone makes a purchase on this forums advice and it's wrong, then what. ****, how could it be a 60/100 when it had a Simul-Class/Class A switch.

Boogiebabies said:
phyrexia said:
I thought some Simul models only had a "Half Power" switch anyway.

Correct, hence the idiot proof way to determine it's output section is by the number on the OT.

Everyone is full of novel ideas when it's not there money and that's bullshit. That's just lazy. When someone makes a purchase on this forums advice and it's wrong, then what. ****, how could it be a 60/100 when it had a Simul-Class/Class A switch.
So are you saying if it does have a simul class switch,it might not be a simul class amp?Does Mesa make a MK III in simul class without the switch?If not,wouldnt the presence of the switch be "idiot proof" and much easier than asking the seller to open the amp up and look for the OT's number?

Jesus. Just look at the godamn output transformer. That is the only fool-proof method, short of pulling the chassis or calling Boogie with the serial no., to determine what power section the amp has.

Not when Mesa has been known to throw odd parts on and the MK III's are generally the most defaced MK model. I would not be surprised if it was made from an old Zinc 60W chassis that had the extra holes routed with a Dremel that was pulled as a second from the dumpster.

Yeah,we should know better than to respond after lord BB has spoken,he might cry and go away mad again.

From what I've seen, the older the Boogie, the chance of an oddball part inside of it increases exponentially(if that is the correct spelling). The closer they got to the MkIV, the more consistant the amps arrived to the customer. The only safe bet is to *** UME nothing. Oh hell, there goes my OCD again :lol: .

Latest posts

Back