Simul Class Mod?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murfman

Reaction score
I have a 60/100 watt version of the Mark IIb boogie. Can Mesa mod this out to make it a simulclass?

I got a chance to pop in some Groove Tubes 'substitubes' and the El84s in class A sound awesome! Though I still want to get those clean fender tones as well. Yanking tubes back an forth is a pain. I can see now how great simul class amps really are!

Anyway, does anyone know if Mesa Boogie, or Mike 'B' does this kind of mod?

-Murf

Murfman said:
I have a 60/100 watt version of the Mark IIb boogie. Can Mesa mod this out to make it a simulclass?

I got a chance to pop in some Groove Tubes 'substitubes' and the El84s in class A sound awesome! Though I still want to get those clean fender tones as well. Yanking tubes back an forth is a pain. I can see now how great simul class amps really are!

-Murf
So you just plugged EL84s in the Class A sockets?

dodger916 said:
Murfman said:

-Murf

Yeah,
I'm curious to know how that worked out for you as well...
Jim

dodger916 said:
Murfman said:

-Murf
He doesn't have "class A sockets". The Substitubes are like THD Yellowjackets.

Fxrs said:
dodger916 said:
Murfman said:

-Murf
He doesn't have "class A sockets". The Substitubes are like THD Yellowjackets.
Ah...didn't know that about the "substitutes". While the 60/100 doesn't have class A sockets, I wonder which class A sockets he was referring to in the original post??

Back