Silver caps on the preamp tubes

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ixoye777

Reaction score
Hey guys I just changed out my stock Mesa tubes and want to monkey around with the positions of the new preamp tubes. Is it alright to leave the silver covers off of them or do they need to be on? It is a Roadster head if that makes a difference. What I want to do is leave them off for a couple weeks and play around changing the positions of them then when I find the right combination toss the silver caps back on, just want tomake sure it is alright before I really get playing at any volume.

ixoye777 said:
Hey guys I just changed out my stock Mesa tubes and want to monkey around with the positions of the new preamp tubes. Is it alright to leave the silver covers off of them or do they need to be on? It is a Roadster head if that makes a difference. What I want to do is leave them off for a couple weeks and play around changing the positions of them then when I find the right combination toss the silver caps back on, just want tomake sure it is alright before I really get playing at any volume.

I leave mine off.

ixoye777 said:

It's no big deal. You can leave them off forever if you want. They're helpful if the tubes are hanging upside down to keep them from falling out but they're not essential.

Latest posts

Back