signal order...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

congalocke

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right spot this being my first post. If it's not than I will try and delete/move;-)

Gear
Triaxis
T.C. Electronic G-Force
2:90 Simul

My understanding is that it's best to bypass the FX Loop and just go out the Triaxis into the G-Force unit.

Where should I place my Bad Horsey Wah...after G-Force?

Also...my Triaxis "Volume Knob" has been very low when going into the G-Force Should I turn the pre-gain going into the T.C. all the way down so that I can get more gain out of my Triaxis?

I have also been considering having a seperate compressor inside the rack for the clean tones and was thinking it would come after the Triaxis.

Any pointers or wisdom would be much appreciated!

Thanks
conga

ive found that my g-major sounded the best going through the fx loop. i will be getting the g-force soon, i cant say that they are much different in that sense. its best to experiment. trry it in different places, as you will have the final say as to where it goes. as for your wah question, is the wah a rackmount one? or pedal?

ive found a wah pedal to be most effective pre-distortion, so it would go straight out of your guitar and into the triaxis.

Rayder said:
as for your wah question, is the wah a rackmount one? or pedal?

I think after reading that I've finally realized how those rack-mount wah units work! fer serious :D

I've allways seen peoples racks in mags n stuff with Crybaby rackmounted units and I'm like "wtf?"

So I'm assuming the "brain"/user interface is in the rack unit and satelite pedal is plugged in the back of the unit with one cable? So this must be for people who have separate pre amps or want to choose from different types of wahs?....

if anyone has any links i can check out to get a good understanding of the theory behind this principle, it would be greatly appreciated! :)

well, as this is MY first post I hope I didn't sound too much like a dongus... :shock:

thanks ahead of time

Hmmm. Saw a band on TV last night. The guitarist had a pedalboard that connected to the FRONT of a huge stage -- must have had about a 150 foot cable run to get back to his amps. He also used a wireless rig on his guitar so he could run around the stage.

I surmise that his pedalboard just had MIDI control pedals on it. He probably had all his actual effects in a rack in back of the amps, controlled by MIDI, with the wireless receiver located in the rack also. He probably a Bradshaw stompbox switching system or similar . . .

I guess if you use such a system you can't very easily use a regular Wah pedal unless you hire a stage hand to hide behind your amps and work the thing with his foot . . .

Does anybody here have experience with stage rigs with such ridiculously long cable runs?

Rayder said:
ive found that my g-major sounded the best going through the fx loop. i will be getting the g-force soon, i cant say that they are much different in that sense. its best to experiment. trry it in different places, as you will have the final say as to where it goes. as for your wah question, is the wah a rackmount one? or pedal?

You are certainly in the minority -- Running the G Force/G Major in series with the pre amd pwr amp is the way TC Electronic recommends.....

And personally, the sound sucks in a big way through the loop - major tone suckage. I think if you searched the forum you'd find many threads that have discussed this same topic in great detail...and everyone pretty much agreed that running effects in series is the way to go with the TA.

Also as for the G Force, I have owned mine along with the TA for over 10 years. So you need to read the manual as you may be experiencing the volume loss internally in the G Force depending of how the Global Level is set along with the in/outs in your presets.

There should be plenty of volume available in there somewhere.

And BTW G Force/TA combination is about the best combo for the $$s.

it really comes down to what you prefer....let your ears be the guide. i use the fx loops with little problem ( i use a lexicon mpx-1 for effects). my friend runs his effects in line after the triaxis and before the power amp. i personally think either one is fine.

Latest posts

Back