Should I buy a 12 year old Mark IV for 750?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fome

Reaction score
It seems to be in good condition, no noise or anything. Can anyone comment on the longevity of these amps?

You can always have it checked out before u buy it....I would imagine it would be ok...But like anything u just never know...

I'm pretty sure that unless abused, these amps pretty much last forever. It probably just needs some new tubes. Sometimes a cap will go bad here and there but an amp tech should be able to fix stuff like that fairly cheap. People still buy and use amps (Boogies included) that are much older than 12 years. Vintage stuff sounds great man.

Hi, my MK IV combo was build in 1990. Over all the years of use I never had a single problem with this amp, appart from tube swapping from time to time, which is normal! This amp is build like a tank. If you really like the sound and the amp is in good all over condition ( look and function ), I would take it.

Arno

Hmmm, thanks guys. I'm gonna try getting it. The seller says that the tubes were replaced 6 months ago, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Yeah you should buy it. Mine was built in 1990 and it runs like a champ. $750 is cheap for a Mark IV. At 12 years old it will more than likely be a B (current) version. Mine is of even the older A version. There should be no doubts about buying that amp.

Back