setting up effects loop for Mark V

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyDee

Reaction score
Hi;
I'm going to be setting up some pedals for my Mark V (compressor, TS, chorus, delay) and was thinking about doing the
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2/ Pedaltrain thing. I was curious how some of you are powering / routing your pedals.
I'm wondering if there is an alternative way to change channels and then effects and not have to "stomp" at least twice.
Is there a cleaner way to do that with one "stomp" :)
Thanks
Tony

There is, but it gets involved. There are loopers to put the pedals in, the amp gizmo for changing channels and other functions on the Mark V that the footswitch controlled, and finally a MIDI foot controller to make it all happen. I looked over all of the available options and went with a G-System. Everything done with one toe tap.

Hi Steve;
So with the G-System, you're connecting to one channel (probably channel 1 ?) of the Mark V
and using a G-Switch to go through different patches of the Nova ?
Thanks
Tony

Yes, the G System switches the channels on the Mark V. It is wired four cable, so the filter effects (wah, etc) and compression come before the preamp insert point, and the modulation, delay, and reverb go in the amp effects loop after the preamp. There are also four effects loops in the G System that come before the preamp, so you can put dirt boxes, a wah, or anything you want at that point in the chain and have it activated on a preset-by-preset basis. Everything happens with one foot tap, you can go from channel 1 with a chorus and reverb to channel 3 with compression and just a delay, or whatever you choose to do.

I'm using a G-major with my Mark V. My send level on amp has to be below half way to not overdrive the G-major. The input level on gmajor has to be set a hair under noon too to match the sound level with Mark V without until engaged. Anybody else have this issue? It sounds good but maybe could sound better. Probably just need to step up and get a little better effects unit cause I have become pretty picky with my tone.

Latest posts

Back