Series I Single Recto: HELP WITH EFX LOOP

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ukalali_Solo

Reaction score
The more and more i read on this forum the more i hear about the Efx loop. Im a stranger to habit and so ive never really used the Efx loop, going for the simpler "in front" of the amp method. This is my Pedal board:

Crybaby Wah-wah
Danelectro Auto-wah
Boss Super Feedbacker & Distortion DF-2
Boss Metal Zone MT-2
Electro Harmonix The "Worm" analog modulation
Boss Digital Delay DD-3
Boss Power Supply/Master Switch

What should i keep in the Efx loop (in what order) and what should i keep in front of the amp?

Also i heard something about putting a patch cable simply from the send to return and using the blend as a 3rd gain stage??

any tips, anything would be great

Here is my suggestion:

Guitar>
Crybaby Wah-wah>
Danelectro Auto-wah>
Boss Super Feedbacker & Distortion DF-2>
Boss Metal Zone MT-2>
AMP IN>
FX SEND>
Electro Harmonix The "Worm" analog modulation>
Boss Digital Delay DD-3>
FX RETURN

Boss Power Supply/Master Switch

Read this site, it's the best starting point for FX order:
http://users.chariot.net.au/~gmarts/fx-order.htm

However you'll quickly learn a few things:
#1 This is only the textbook answer
#2 You have to try every combination out for yourself to see what works best
#3 The Mecca of all foundations of great clean amp tone to build up from, the Fender Twin Reverb, had no FX loop so what does that really say about it's necessity or application?

Have fun with it!

good post strum thats how i would do it. Be sure of course to get you patch cable soldered back together

BTW, hey sosh, and also i tried the delay in the efx loop and it makes the delay sound 10000000x better. I can get a good Satch and Vai sound from them

^^^ Yep i run my echo,chorus and phaser through the loop and i can tell a huge difference. The volume seems to increase and sounds way better.

Latest posts

Back