Scratch and dent from shipping Mark V Head.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MesaManBoogie

Reaction score
After A month wait I got my Mark V Head with a surprise Scratch and Dent on the Boogie PLate and tolex
So I called Guitar Center and they said they were going filed a claim with UPS, In the meantime. What should I do?
Wait for them? Return the amp and get a new or just replaced Boogie plate and maybe make GC give me a discount.
Here are some pics.

What do you Think.

Wow, that's a tough call man. You wait so **** long, and then this. I guess it all depends on how you feel about it. If GC offers you some $$$ back and you can live with it, I guess you could keep it. I find it hard to believe they will give you a break though, it's not really their fault. I'm fussy as can be, I would send it back. When you drop 2k on your dream amp, you want it to be perfect. I don't envy you here man, best of luck with your decision.

I would tell GC to get a replacement and until then you should keep the damaged amp. Good luck.

I just called GC again and they said, they would give me a set of replacement tubes (worth $200) or the option of returning the amp and get another one.
so most likely I will return the amp and get a brand new one.

I'm thinking about getting the Combo though, I think it will be more practical to use, I will be keeping the Recto 4X12 in case.

MesaManBoogie said:
I just called GC again and they said, they would give me a set of replacement tubes (worth $200) or the option of returning the amp and get another one.

I'm thinking about getting the Combo though, I think it will be more practical to use, I will be keeping the Recto 4X12 in case.

So your supposed to wait another month or so? That sucks. I hope mine comes without the damage. If it would have just been face plate damage they could have sent a new front grill. Too bad.

Jim Ed Love said:
MesaManBoogie said:

So your supposed to wait another month or so? That sucks. I hope mine comes without the damage. If it would have just been face plate damage they could have sent a new front grill. Too bad.

But, I get to keep the damaged one until the other gets here.

Jim Ed Love said:
I would tell GC to get a replacement and until then you should keep the damaged amp. Good luck.
+2

Good move by GC though to let you keep the damaged one until the replacement arrives. I had the same thing happen with my custom Bubinga Mark IV combo..the top of the amp was severely scratched from shipping. I got to keep it and gig the hell out of it for almost 10 months until the replacement arrived.

JAZZGEAR said:
Jim Ed Love said:
+2

Good move by GC though to let you keep the damaged one until the replacement arrives. I had the same thing happen with my custom Bubinga Mark IV combo..the top of the amp was severely scratched from shipping. I got to keep it and gig the hell out of it for almost 10 months until the replacement arrived.

This makes me feel better about GC. I ordered my MKV from them so that I had a store I could bring the amp to if something failed. Shipping is really expensive these days.

Jim Ed Love said:
JAZZGEAR said:
Jim Ed Love said:
+2

This makes me feel better about GC. I ordered my MKV from them so that I had a store I could bring the amp to if something failed. Shipping is really expensive these days.

They are always pretty good with Returns and things like that. No complaints. They probably hate me by now, I have returned so much stuff hehe.

Latest posts

Back