Scorpions - Rock You Like A Hurricaine (Mesa Boogie Mark IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gibson5413

Reaction score
This a quick 40 second clip but wanted to get your opinion on my lead tone. I was looking for a wet 80s metal lead tone for this song. I basically put this down to get my tones together for a local cover band I was asked to tryout for. Should I go for a dry or wet tone?

I'm happy with the rhythm tone but want your opinions on the lead. Thanks!

http://www.soundclick.com/util/downloadSong.cfm?ID=5587362&key=C15285EF-7

***Edit***

I recorded the lead with more of a dry tone for the final. Don't knock me on the playing. It just took me 3 hours to mow my lawn and my hands were really fatigued. It's the best you're going to get right now but I think I like the final tone I got.

http://www.soundclick.com/util/downloadSong.cfm?ID=5588638&key=434C520B-5

I think your lead tone is very good, but I would go for a little more of a dry sound. Also, is you panning off from the original? It could be the version I have on my computer (I have the video) but I think it is backwards. I think the intro rhythm is in the left with a little mix in the right, and the lead is panned to the right. Could just be my source though. The thing that matters most is the playing and you have that down perfectly.

Wow dude great job that sounded pretty close. Do you mind posting your settings for the the rhythm guitar?

Man I already played in Scorpions cover band .A long time ago.
Dude I think your tones are really better than scorpions.
You should post it without drums wich are terrible(I think it's midi stuff or a backing track).
Post only the guitars.
Anyway great job. :wink:

The dryer setting sounded waay better.

+

Your tone really rocks. It's pretty rad that the Mark IV can get that bright, and then go really dark.

Can't wait for mine to get here.

I'm a big Scorpions fan and I think that you sound excellent. I also think it's a better tone than what they got.

Hard to choose between the two but the playing & tone is great.
Mathias would be proud!

amazing, your tones really are better than the scorpions' tones, they're fuller less tinny, and present better. You may not be as good a player as Michael schenker, but your tone fully makes up for it.

Latest posts

Back